Chapter 7 : The masters of the Twilight Sanctuary

"That's not how you thank someone Jeon Jungkook, especially someone who just saved your life," Seokjin remarked, watching him carefully as Jungkook pulled Jimin's hand away and quickly stood up, too proud to bow down to anyone, especially Seokjin.

    "I don't care, I don't like you and I know you didn't make this decision to please me, only to infuriate Taehyung," Jungkook replied, "so, if you wait for me to bow down at your feet, you can always wait but you will have time to grow old and lose your teeth, you jackass!"

    Jimin widened his eyes in horror when he heard Jungkook insult his brother without being able to stop him.

     "Did you just insult me in my own sanctuary?!" Seokjin retorted angrily, grabbing Jungkook by the arm. "My patience is at its limit, brat, you better apologize now!

     Jungkook jerked free, angered at the other's arrogance who acted like he was a king in his palace which he might be but Jungkook didn't care. They were almost the same age and he didn't want to obey someone like him or his other arrogant brother who spoke of him almost as a disgusting object.

     But he had made a mistake by freeing his arm so brutally from the embrace of Seokjin who was already angry and who received Jungkook's defiant attitude as the too much provocation after his nerves were strained by Taehyung and Jungkook that night.  Now that Taehyung was gone and Seokjin couldn't soothe his nerves against him, everything fell against Jungkook.

     His anger suddenly became particularly visible, Jungkook never thought he would one day see someone's anger appear physically before his eyes. Because all around Seokjin's body radiated an intense luminous halo while his previously very pale skin was now glowing like embers from which thick white smoke emanated.

     "What's going on with him?!" he asked Jimin worriedly. 

    "You made him angry!" Jimin reprimanded him. 

      "I can tell he's angry but when I get angry, my body is not on fire!!" Jungkook countered, who was no longer so confident in front of Seokjin from whom he took a few steps away because he felt extreme heat emanating from him. 

     He clenched his fists, ready to defend himself against what was to come from Seokjin, but he found himself shaking uncontrollably. The annoying boy from a minute ago had suddenly been replaced by a terrifying person and the angry mask of hahoe staring at him didn't help him suppress the feeling of terror he felt and which was the result of a dangerous aura.  Seokjin may have been an irritating boy but he was also dangerous.

     Jimin quickly pulled Jungkook to him to protect him from his brother's fury.

     "Seokjin, calm down!" Yoongi said briskly, stepping between Seokjin and Jungkook.

     It was impossible to see Seokjin's face, but the boy seemed deafened by his anger. The smoke continued to emanate from him and the halo of light transformed began to let out rays of light which fell to the paved ground creating small moon-like craters on it

     "Jin hyung, please don't hurt Jungkook, he has a bad temper, that's true, but he's not mean," Jimin pleaded, adding: "he is my friend!"

     Jungkook looked at Jimin who just lied since they weren't friends at all but the blond indicated to him with a pressure on the arm that he should be silent now. Better to introduce him as a friend than as the wild boy from school that no one supported.

     "Jin, Jungkook doesn't know who you and Taehyung are, and that he owes you respect, Jimin probably didn't tell him," Namjoon added, passing Yoongi to get closer to Seokjin and hug him affectionately in order to calm him down.