Chapter 12 : Friends? With him? Never!

"You..." Seokjin started, stunned. "Are you really-"

      "Jungkook!" Jimin shouted as he ran towards them and interrupting Seokjin and attracting the attention of the two boys. He was breathless and red from having scoured the grounds looking for Jungkook. "Namjoon hyung expressly told you not to go out without me!"

     He turned to Seokjin, worried that Jungkook might have angered him like the day before and was preparing to exfiltrate Jungkook quickly to take refuge with Namjoon or Yoongi but his brother seemed to him to be in his normal state.

     "Hyung, I'm sorry, I didn't see him come out, if he did something, it's my faul-"

      "It's okay, go get your stuff, he has to go now," Seokjin cut him giving Jungkook a last strange look, "I'll walk you both down the Soul Path, so hurry. I'll be waiting for you at the Soul Square."

     "O-okay!" Jimin said happily, surprised that Seokjin didn't get angry.

     He hurriedly dragged Jungkook back to his pavilion.

     "He's really determined to get me out, I hate him," Jungkook grumbled.

     "At least you didn't fight, It's a relief, you'd be in pieces by now if you did," Jimin said to whom Jungkook gave a betrayed look. 

     "You say that because you don't know me well! I fight very well, and without his magic, your brother does not come close to me!" he assured.

     "If you say so," Jimin said, who obviously didn't believe it. "However, not to mention Jin hyung, it's dangerous to wander around this place alone when you are new!" he scolded him.

     "I went to the Pavilion of Light and didn't see anything dangerous, apart from a door that I first took for a monster," Jungkook shrugged.

     "It's because you bear Jin hyung's mark, you're lucky, I can't come in," Jimin sighed, envious, "I think you realized that the door doesn't let in those who don't have it, it attacks them."

     "I thought it was going to devour me at first," Jungkook confided, "but finally, I think she loves me."

     "She? Can you hear yourself talking? Hard to say that yesterday you didn't believe in magic," Jimin laughed, "anyway, I'm sure if this door has a gender, it's male. I sometimes hear it burp like a demon in the middle of the night."

     "No way!" Jungkook lauged, imagining being wake up in the middle of the night by a burping door.

     "I swear! But it's nothing next to the gate of the Pavilion of Shadows!" Jimin affirmed. "By the way, going back to the dangerous places of the sanctuary, I'm relieved that you found yourself in front of the Pavilion of Jin hyung and not in front of Tae hyung's."

     "Why?" Jungkook asked curiously.

     "Without wanting to scare you... I believe you would be dead by now."

     "Uh?! Aren't you exaggerating a bit?"Jungkook asked, suddenly uneasy.

     Had he risked dying for not listening to Namjoon and Jimin's recommendation not to walk alone? He was particularly relieved to have let his footsteps guide him to the Pavilion of Light, in the same way that luck had put Seokjin in his path and not Taehyung when he was in danger. Everything about Taehyung seemed particularly dark to him.

     And still, he knew had been lucky not to be devoured by Seokjin's white door: it could very well have been ordered to devour strangers, even those who bore the mark of Seokjin. He promised himself to be a little less reckless in the future, before almost immediately remembering that he wasn't coming back and start being disappointed again.