Chapter 11: Cat and mouse game

Seokjin's gaze that Jungkook saw through Hahoe's mask shone with a murderous glow but Jungkook didn't let himself be frightened, despite the tantrum Namjoon saved him from. He didn't want to leave the sanctuary letting Seokjin think he was afraid of him, it would have hurt his pride.

     And at the same time, he wanted to understand why Seokjin was a completely different person in this pavilion.

     "Who are these children?" Jungkook asked curiously. "Why are they here playing with you, instead of preparing for school?"

     "How did you get in here?" Seokjin asked dryly. "Who told you you could enter here freely?"

     "Why don't you ever answer my questions?" Jungkook grumbled, "I knocked and your door monster just let me in after having hesitated to devour me, at least that's what I believe."

     "It should have eat you, I'll make sure it does next time," Seokjin replied. "Where is Jimin? He should never let you walk around as you please."

      "No need to blame him, it was me who got away. Does it upset you that much that I saw you in the middle of an act of kindness with children?" Jungkook asked sardonically.

    "Shut up, get out of here, now before I get really made, I don't want to deal with you in my own house."

    "Oh, I understand now why you wanted the children gone : you didn't want them to reveal your true nature, right ?" Jungkook insisted, "I admit I was a bit lost when I heard people said good things about you earlier but now, I know which one of your two personalities is the real one and I'm reassured to see that my first impression was the right one : you really are detestable, so I can hate you without feeling guilty."

     "Get the hell out of here!" Seokjin ordered on an angry tone that he struggled to control.

     But Jungkook, happy to avenge his fear of the day before, continued his talk :

    "Besides, I really want to know who lets you work with children? Are you sure you're mentally balanced enough for that?"

     Seokjin glared up at him, and this time, Jungkook realized it was time to run for his life, which he understood was a wise idea when he heard running footsteps echoing behind him.

      "You can't kill me in front of all these people!" Jungkook screamed while running.

       "YOU ASKED FOR IT!" Seokjin yelled, running after him through the floors of the pavilion, slaloming between the other inhabitants of the building who looked at them with curiosity and amusement.

     Jungkook ran fast, following the same path he had taken to climb on top in order not to get lost in this place that Seokjin must know like the back of his hand unlike him. He thought he fell more than once down the swirling stairs at this speed but reached the ground floor without difficulty and  reached the front door in no time. 

     Instinctively reaching out with his hands to push the doors in his mad dash, he remembered a second too late that it was not an ordinary door and thought with horror it was going to swallow him entirely this time, especially after what Seokjin had said to him. After all, if this door was his guardian, then it obeyed him, and if he wanted it to stop him from passing through, then it probably would.

    "Oh no!"  he screamed as he was about to crash into the door.

    He closed his eyes in anticipation of the collision with the door but he quickly opened them again realizing that he was now outside : surprisingly, the door had let him through. 

     Turning around to observe it carefully and he saw that the door was smiling and its one eye blinking in a mischievous wink as if it was now on his side in this game of cat and mouse between Seokjin and him.