Chapter 4 : Give me your name

"Are you really letting me eat him?" the handsome boy asked suspiciously to the one wearing the hahoe mask

"Yes," the latter assured him, "I'll treat you to a meal before taking you back to the shadow pavilion, Taehyung won't know anything about it."

"Why?"

"Because what I hate most after disgusting souls like you are arrogant kids who think they are strong but who only know how to cry when their life comes to an end," the boy in the mask told Jungkook who glared at him, . "Come on, eat him now, I can't stand his sassy look anymore."

Sword brandished, the boy in black smiled with all his teeth and threw himself confidently on Jungkook who gave a howl and immediately took refuge behind the boy in the mask by clinging to his hanbok, begging for his life:

"Noooo, no, no, please don't let him devour me!"

A mocking sneer came out from under Hahoe's mask, and Jungkook would have ripped off the mask and slapped the face underneath if he hadn't been in desperate need of his protection and the information he could provide concerning the follies he had just witnessed.

The masked boy straightened his broad-shouldered body and raised his sword as the boy in the black hanbok came upon him. With a quick movement and without thinking more than a thousandth of a second, he cut him in half by the waist, squeezing a scream of horror from Jungkook who clapped his hands on his eyes, aware of having been traumatized for the rest of his life.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaah" He yelled, "b-but... what did you do?!! Look, you cut him in half!!"

"Shut up!" the other ordered, irritated, "that thing is a soul, it already died once, it can't die again. Open your eyes wide, do you see blood somewhere?"

Jungkook cautiously took his hands away from his eyes and saw that indeed there was no blood and the bisected body continued to smile widely to him even giving him an arrogant wink before whispering to him and making him swallow hard:

"See you boy, I'll come back to devour your delicious soul..."

Then, he rapidly disintegrating into thick black smoke that evaporated into a few seconds.

"He-he disappeared..." Jungkook stuttered, petrified, "and he threatened me!! Does that mean he's really coming back for me?!!"

"You see I was right!" the other replied. "By the way, it's not a "he" it's an "it". That disgusting thing was a bad human in his lifetime so when he died he became a Gurimdja, a shadow soul who must be punished until he is purified."

"Still, you cut a boy in half!" Jungkook replied, without budging.

"It's a soul not a boy, I just told you!" the masked boy contradicted him.

"But he looked like a boy!" Jungkook insisted.

"But it's not!"

"It's just like!"

"A soul is the interiority of a person, it only leaves the body after death!"

"And what tells me that it was not you who killed that boy?" Jungkook asked. "He looked so sweet and innocent at first, but he turned into someone else as soon he saw you appear!"

"I have never killed anyone in my life, don't blame me for what happened to you!" the other replied, visibly offended, "you got fooled just because he was handsome, if you didn't have such perverted human eyes, you could have immediately perceived that there is absolutely nothing innocent and beautiful about him. You really are all the same, it's absolutely disgusting!"