Chapter 8 : The Dokkaebi

Jimin led Jungkook to the smallest pavilion, an ocher-colored building. He took off his shoes and motioned for Jungkook to do the same before pulling up a sliding panel and revealing a small room with very clean decor. At the far end of the room was another sliding door that led to his small bathroom.

     On the right side were both wooden furniture for clothes and a thin mattress on the tatami floor, where messy blankets showed that Jimin had been dragged out of bed by Jungkook's impromptu arrival.

     In the left part was a long low table surrounded by cushions of different colors embroidered with bird pattern and on which Jimin's school things were. It was obviously his workspace. A forgotten spoon also seem to indicate that it was also there that he ate.

    Everywhere were richly adorned vases that contained fresh flowers whose good smell poured into the room.

     "This is my house," Jimin humbly explained.

     "You really live like in the Joseon era," Jungkook remarked, shocked that he didn't see even a catch. Not even a computer. "So weird..."

     Jimin, who was getting used to the other's franc remarks, patiently explained:

     "This place is a little out of time so it is difficult to bring in modernity. Besides, as there are no networks not nor electricity, you will not be able to use your phone here."

     "WHAT?!" Jungkook exclaimed, taking his phone out of his pocket to check.

     Sure enough, there was no network bar here and his phone would soon turn off without him being able to recharge it due to lack of electricity. He cursed internally and grumbled something inappropriate about old people who still lived in Stone Age.

     "I'm younger than you," Jimin reminded him. "If there is one thing that time has not stopped here, it is my age." 

     "But it definitely stopped your growth," Jungkook pointed out, looking at him and realizing that he was almost a head shorter than him.

      Jimin glared at him and Jungkook understood that apart from the fact that he was a shaman without magic, his other complex was his height. He couldn't suppress a mocking smile. 

     "I'm not short and besides, I'm still growing!" Jimin replied, upset.

     "I'm not so sure you'll grow much more than that," Jungkook retorted mockingly.

      "Do you want to sleep outside?" Jimin asked him in a threatening tone.

      "Um, no not really," admitted the other who understood that it was time to stop his teasing. "eveni if, without electricity, there's not that much difference between inside and outside. I wanted to charge my phone but I can't."

      The other sighed, wondering if the other would ever stop complaining. 

      "Jungkook, you said no one was expecting you at home, so you don't have anyone to call, do you?"

     "Yeah, right," Jungkook said, uncomfortable. Jimin felt it and did not question. "But that is not the question : how do I go on the internet without electricity and network? By magic?"

     "You can't," Jimin retorted simply.

     "So how do you manage to study here?"

     "With books. There is a very extensive library here, it is Namjoon hyung who takes care of it. And it's an amazing place, you should go check it out, maybe you would understand what I mean, and it'll probably change your mind."