Prologue

Principality of Qua-Toyne, City of Myhark

People in Myhark retired to bed to complete their daily tasks and prepare for the following day as the beautiful moon rose above the horizon.

Small animals, like a bush cricket, can be heard chirping loudly throughout the commercial city. But regrettably, something horrible will soon strike the city, affecting both civilian and military personnel.

The faint clanking sound of metal sheet may be heard deep within the city's peaceful streets. As they move through the city, three armored soldiers can be seen each holding a torch.

Following the end of one patrolman's shift, another was sent out to patrol the city as usual. The patrol's size was naturally doubled as a result of the continued hostility between the three nations.

"Man, we've been walking almost an hour.."A young knight sighed with boredom as his fellow knights marched deeper into the city.

"We'll take a quick break to acquire some alcohol, then we'll resume."The young man was comforted by his buddy, a human knight.

"I don't know, eh?" The third dog-folk murmured, slightly objecting to his friend's suggestion, "Don't want the higher ups caught us inebriated."

"Oh, please! In any case, we could merely get some booze or a quick bite from the tavern. As he followed the inexperienced knight carrying the torch, the human knight scoffed and puffed his cheek.

The beast people were compelled to sigh dejectedly. "Fineee.."

"That's the true spirit!" The human knight gives his companion a hearty smack on the back as he grinned heartily.

But suddenly the knight with the torch came to a stop, his eyes fixed on the deep blue sky. detecting a cloud-borne object.

From the nighttime clouds, a dazzling orange-like glow slowly emerges, trailed by a plume of smoke.

"What do you think?" the knight enquired to his comrade, pointing his open palms to the dimly lighted ball in the otherwise dark sky.

The light orb was soon enough descending at a modest speed as the human knight glared at it. They all widen their eyes in utter horror as dozens of luminous orbs appear from the skies.

The beast folk moved backwards, dropping his halberd in the process. "W-we ought to flee! The knight cried out. They quickly abandon their patrol and begin to flee. Everything was going well for them until their vision abruptly failed.

The now-quiet city was rocked by a large explosion that left it in ruins. As the ball hit the ground, there was a tremendous explosion of fire all around it, which caused the earth to shake violently.

The ground's violent vibration has woken everyone up. People cried out in fear as they fled from the so-called "orb of death" that was raining down on them. But alas, nearly 30% of the city's population turned into mincemeat and bones.

—————————————————————

Within the large military installation not far from the city, the ground trembled. The earth violently erupted, and everyone stumbled a little as it was followed by a huge boom in the distance.

"Is that a enemy attack?"Everyone turned to face the direction of the city as soon as the knight asked a question.

The once-thriving city of Qua-toyne was in flames when it was destroyed. observing a brilliant orb descend from the sky, which, upon contact, erupted in a fiery explosion. They were aware that it was some form of assault.