Chapter 13

I have to scratch the idea of the previous 13th chapter with something different.

Sorry for the wait.

_________________________________

Imperial Palace, Parpaldia Empire

The series of booming thunder repeatedly pounded her ears followed by the sounds of the constant crackling of thunder, a pair of eyes from a beautiful pale woman fluttered wide showing the beautiful Metropolis turned into ruins.

Buildings and churches, manors and palaces laid waste by swarms of steel rotorcrafts flew overhead the young woman unleashing waves of steel rods under its wing and exploding once it reached its target.

Tanks, which appeared to be a more boxy-like design that towers both their Cipana landship and Macorri Light tank, trundling their tracks supported by infantrymen donned in various green shades from their helmet and their trousers into the city district.

Planes soared ferociously through the air with a loud screech, dropping explosives and turning several military structures into ashes and rubbles with great accuracy

Before she could do anything, a voice next to her caught her attention.

"Lady Remille, this is revenge for killing our people and provoking the Confederacy..."

Staring to her right, she is met by a man wearing an olive drab tunic smoking a traditional-style cigar in his mouth as he puffs out smoke from his lungs.

"Once Ludy is either captured or killed, we'll have to rebuild everything and install a puppet to rule over the populace." He said, pulling the cigar off his mouth and gazing at the woman who is now revealed to be Remille, the head of the foreign affairs of the Imperial Government ruled by Emperor Ludius of Parpaldia.

She tried to speak, yet she couldn't get a single word out of her mouth. Deciding to just listen to the stranger's words, she straightened up her back and proceeded to act calm but she internally wasn't.

"Be thankful that the president decided to rescue you if you didn't." He glared at the woman with a venomous look.

"You would have your head cut off by the imps."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Remille jolted upright from her queen-size bed, her face was engulfed with sweat that enveloped her during her strange nightmare of a dream.

Her heart was pounding repeatedly, her hands trembled as if she saw the devil herself.

On the far corner of her chamber, a door was barged open by a maid who is an inch smaller than the beautiful woman, with hazel brown eyes and lavender eyes, this was the maid that had taken care of her ever since she came to this world.

"Lady Remille?! I'm glad that you're alright!" She asked with a worried tone, rushing over to the woman next to her bed and knelt to her.

She felt a light ache in her head as the woman turned to look at the maid. "What happened...?" She asked in a tired voice.

"You collapsed during a meeting with all of the foreign affairs ministers and in the presence of the Emperor." She said, bowing to her.

"What happened after that?"

"Fortunately, after you were escorted out from the conference room, they continued with the meeting about the barbarian countries." She said, "However, I overheard about the fall of Louria while I passed by."