Chapter 9

Kingdom of Louria, City of Jin-Hark

In just two days, everything has changed, and time has flown by so rapidly. The Kingdom of Quila is still the worst, as mass riots continue to spread across the country as a result of the strict rationing law that led to the deaths of hundreds of innocent civilians. Tensions between the nobility and the government are slowly growing in the Principality of Qua-Toyne.

Because of its superior military strength compared to its two neighbors, the Kingdom of Louria was able to avert a complete catastrophe. shortly before the date of expiration of the letter of surrender. Hundreds of merchant ships carrying brand-new weapons from the Parpaldian Empire of the third civilization swamped the coast of the Kingdom in the early morning,

The third of the 100,000-man army eventually became riflemen with just a little training. They not only got new weapons, but day and night patrols grew by a factor of two right away. entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring the city's safety at all costs and raising the alarm in case the enemy arrived.

However, because the moon was still rising in the night, they were unaware of when the enemy would attack. Patrolmen eventually light up the entire city with torches as they move in groups along the road.

Wyvern patrols were sent out at night, flying with their riders through the air while they searched the region in front of them for any advancing invading force and either reporting to or intercepting them.

"Hey, I wonder if those barbarians can put up a fight?" A voice of a woman, named Adaline, questioned her fellow companion of the squad.

Adaline and her team are reportedly the first female wyvern squadron to deploy. When non-men want to enlist in the military, especially if they join the Kingdom's wyvern force, many in the ranks have their doubts. These doubts were dispelled, though, as she and the team passed all of their trials with flying colors and made only a handful of blunders, enabling them to advance to the next level and become wyvern knights.

"Maybe, i heard that these barbarian have already took hold of Myhark in a day!" Her partner, a petite woman with blonde short hair answered. "No doubt that these barbarians would try to fight us."

"Heh, true!" Adaline laugh.

Something appeared out of the black clouds at an absurdly fast pace, leaving behind a loud shriek as Adaline and her team were engaged in a brief conversation. It has the same white-painted ballista arrow appearance, and it also has smoke, flame, and smoke coming out of its rear.

"Look out!" It was already too late when a brunette in the wyvern squad screamed out. Two of the squad's female riders were struck by the strange arrow, which then exploded while just leaving bits of scale and flesh.

"By the Gods! All squadrons scatter!!" The remaining squadron broke formation and dispersed out as the squad leader barked a command through her manacomms. From the clouds, dozens of white arrows sprouted and began pursuing the soaring wyvern.

"I can't shake it off!" A woman zigzagged her wyvern in an attempt to shrug off the oncoming arrow behind her while she screamed.

"Gahaaaaac!" The white arrow crashed into the tail of their wyvern, muzzling the loud, excruciating screech that had been ringing the sky before.

"Shit shit shit!" Adaline cursed aloud as she maneuvered and accelerated her wyvern whereas the arrow continued to pursue her. As soon as she started to raise her wyvern, the arrow exploded directly on her, shattering her into a million pieces inside the thick cloud.

The sequence of explosions drew the attention of the folks below as everyone in the squad turned into nothing more than pieces of flesh and bones. Bells went out around the city as people panicked and raced from their houses.