Chapter 3

Principality of Qua-Toyne, Occupied town of Gim, Lourian camp.
07/14/1639

A certain town illuminates at night employing torches mounted on walls or carried by footmen around the perimeter when the sun has already set and the moon has completely enveloped the area in darkness.

The military headquarters of Louria, specifically the eastern subjugation army under the command of lieutenant general Adem and general Pandour, are located within the main encampment. The two are currently debating how best to deal with the Qua-toynian army on Ejey.

"While the Duke's forces would attack the fort on the western side, we'll strike them at the south which mostly is not being highly defended compared to the west." Lieutenant General Adem grumbled, eyeing onto the map that was spread on the wooden desk.

"I agree with your strategy, lieutenant general. A full combined arms from the duke and our forces would surely defeat the Qua-toynian army within a single day." Pandour responded, rubbing his chin after hearing Adem's suggestion to seize the stronghold of the city of Ejey.

Adem stretched out and pulled a goblet off a nearby wooden desk, then he chugged the entire contents down his throat.

Adem finished the alcohol and slammed it hard to the table, rattling the wooden table in the process. The wine stain on his skin was removed by his palm rubbing against his mouth.

"...who should we send to Ejey?" Pandour asked, crossing his arms against his armored chest.

"We'll send a brigade size elite force into the enemy city fortress, commanded by Colonel Ulrich." Sending a Lourian Colonel into the hostile zone was Pandour's idea, according to Adem.

In reality, Colonel Ulrich, who is in charge of an army brigade with a total of 8,000 soldiers, is a well-known soldier throughout the entire Louria. despite supposedly their diminutive size, his soldiers were among the best elite units in the military. In an earlier conflict that occurred during the Lourian civil war, Ulrich and his troops overcame a more formidable foe.

High ranking officers and civilians were upset with Ulrich despite the fact that he had a fantastic reputation. mainly due to the fact that after being elevated to Colonel decades ago, he enlisted countless non-humans into his brigade.

He merely admitted them into his rank because of a beneficial attribute, not because he felt sympathy for the discriminating demi-humans in the kingdom. Compared to regular humans, beastfolk can hear a larger variety of sounds or have an exceptional sense of smell, among other things.

"I may hate that bastard, but Colonel Ulrich is a great candidate to send into Ejey along with Duke's army." Pandour responded with a grumble, admitting that Ulrich will certainly be a great asset to send off fighting in Ejey.

It was not until a soldier who was donned in steel armor came into their tent to interrupt their strategic meeting for the next attack.

"My apologies for my sudden entrance! I have an urgent message that came from our spy in Myhark!" The knight declared, also apologizing to the two generals for intruding their discussion.

"Urgent? Hand me the scroll then." Adem commanded the knight to grab the scroll and gave it to him.

The Lieutenant General opened the scroll up to see the message, his eyes reading through every letter of each sentence carefully before narrowing it completely. "By the gods, Myhark got captured?!"

"Did Admiral Sharkun successfully defeat the demi-humans in Myhark?" Pandour asked, leaning forward to Adem trying to figure out the message written on the scroll..