Chapter 8

Kingdom of Quila, Capital City of Barrat
2 Days before Operation Comet

The land of Quila was significantly different from that of her fellow bordering country; rather than being covered in a beautiful green forest, it was merely barren land that was scorched by the blazing sun in the heavens.

For the stifling desert heat, many residents wore thin robes, and they frequently brought water with them to quench their thirst. But when the Qua-Toyne Principality cut off their food supply, the variety of fresh food and water started to decline, which forced the government to start limiting them.

On the outskirts of the city, elsewhere. A JT-17 fighter bomber soared across the heavens at a low altitude of 10,000 feet off the ground.

Second Lieutenant Aston controlled the throttle with his gloved hands while onboard the moving aircraft to steadily maintain position in his fighter bomber in the air.

His aim was to infiltrate the capital city of Barrat in order to deliver the package to both the people and the government. It's more of a surrender pamphlet than explosive; they'll do it once Operation Comet has begun.

Targeting the Wyvern Patrol was not forbidden during this mission, he kept an eye on the horizon, Aston's aircraft display had caught something beyond his line of sight.

"Ya fuckers need to stay out of my way..."he breathed into his mask.

Two air-to-air guided missiles were launched under the wing of his aircraft mostly by pushing the red button on his controller, sending it hurtling towards the white clouds at a mach 2.5 speed.

The two guided missiles hit their intended target and explode immediately just after striking the two Quilan wyvern knights, preventing them from fleeing.

Aston's plane breached the clouds, observing a burst of black smoke and yellow flame fade, trailed by the remains of the wyvern plummeting to the ground below.

The designated city was only a few miles away, so he pressed the accelerator even harder, pushing the speed to 800km/hr, culminating in a sonic boom that arrived in the city in minutes.

Aston and his private aircraft have now arrived at the intended destination, the City of Barrat. As he clicked the button, the bomb bay door opened up beneath the belly of his fighter-bomber, his eyes fixed on the built-in bombsight that is directly at his display panels.

People in the desert city of Quila stopped in their tracks in their fright and grabbed hold of the white leaflets that the steel bird had thrown from the sky after it had unloaded its payload of white pamphlets.

"Well ya look at that!" His body leaned over sideways next to the window of his cockpit, his hazel colored eyes underneath his visor looked down to see several wyvern knights from the local garrison slowly gaining altitude using their wings to go afloat and to engage the aircraft personally.

His hands grabbed onto the lever, pushing it forward resulting igniting the afterburner on the rear of his JT-17 fighter bomber, it let out a loud bang and sped away from the city.

Kingdom of Louria, City of Jin-hark.

People in the city square were quite busy putting the finishing touches on the preparations for an upcoming festival.

Each light pole within the open parts of cities was joined together with a vibrant pennant strung over many poles, and colorful banners were orderly arranged on each side of the wall by the peasants .

This event, which always begins on April 3rd, honors the birth of King Hark the 34th. The enslaved non-human who were transporting loads of crates intended for the festival were protected by slaves and militiamen in that area of the city.