Chapter 4

Principality of Qua-Toyne, Fortress city of Ejey, Northern Gate, Eastern Subjugation army.

Outside from the Lourian encampment that houses 20,000 worth of troops, the duke can be seen standing right in front of the makeshift entrance, feeling the wind sweeping against his face.

"It's almost time..." The duke spoke, he turned to confront the fortress in the great distance, which was well-lit at night by torches.

Ballista and catapults emerged, and artillerymen started arming the launcher with boulders and bolts in order to use it to breach the Qua-toynian fortress wall and bombard them. This was followed by a mixture of horse neighing and the sound of marching from both the lightly trained auxiliary unit and the elite knights of Louria.

With his personal horse by his side, he stepped over the saddle stirrup before lifting his whole weight up just so he could mount himself onto the back of the horse. His head looked over to the tight formation that his men had made, smaller flags on pikes gently fluttering through the wind. The sky shifted from the dark blue to a light blue, the sun was about to rise up.

"We shall bring glory to the kingdom! Our indestructible force will pillage through their land and steal their women as our own! Cleanse the place from demi-human savages with the help of our faith, huraah!"

"HURAAAAAAAH!"

His warriors applauded his motivational message, and swords and spears slammed against their shield, creating a big loud sound that the defender could even hear, while also lowering the enemy's morale.

"I want the artillery to fire on the fort, soldiers! March! " With Duke Junfila's command, blazing stones from wooden catapults and massive bolts from ballista crashed down on the Qua-toynian army. Instilling fear in the enemy ranks within their own fort.

Scores of big flaming rocks crashed onto several stronghold residences, and both townsfolk and defenders aided the wounded to safety. Buckets of water were hurled at the fire boulder, which had begun to spread its flames into the wooden structures around it.

war drums hammered through the plain field across the fort of Ejey, and 20,000 Lourian men marched in diamond formation. Drums were utilized to motivate their troops on the battlefield, where they would fight the enemy in close combat in every engagement.

And as the Lourian eastern subjugation forces made their way towards the fort, Qua-toynian archers took up on the castle wall unleashing several hundreds of flaming arrows to the air as a retaliation for being bombarded by Lourian siege artillery.

"Deploy shield!"

Lourian footmen and knights hoisted their shields into the air, arrows bouncing uselessly against the steel-sheeted shield that protected them. Some of their comrades, meanwhile, were not as lucky; arrows were able to take out a number of men who were entirely exposed from the shield wall.

It wouldn't be long before Lourian bowmen aimed at the Qua-toynian defender, releasing the string allowing hundreds of arrows to fly towards the opposing bastion, slaying every unarmored personnel within the stronghold.

"Keep marching!"The duke roared, following their own bowmen who were repressing the defender with arrows. Only after the arrows stopped raining, his warriors lowered their shields and marched on to the fortress, drums playing in the background.

Principality of Qua-Toyne, Fortress city of Ejey, Southern Gate, 1st Royal Elite Brigade.

The faint sound of battle cry can be heard, many Qua-toynian defenders have put most of their forces into the Northern gate to deal with the massive invasion force from the Duke's men.