Chapter 4 - Tattoos

The next day was one filled with a slight headache. Your body was sore from the awkward position you fell asleep in and the clothes you forgot to remove. So, after taking the glass of water and Advil, you change into your pyjamas and then return to bed.

"Rise and shine, Miss L/n; Mr Stark requests your presence this morning in the meeting room with the team," Friday started to pull open the curtains only for a shadow-like claw to pull them back closed.

"Not now, Fri, I'm too tired," you grumble.

"For what it's worth, Mr Stark says you don't need to get dressed," now that detail made it all the more bearable.

"Fine, tell him I'll be there soon," face slamming back into the bed, taking another minute of sleep.

~~~

"There you are, Picasso," Stark slides a coffee over to you, the same shadow claw from before grabbing it for you.

"Cubism? Not bad," you settle in your usual seat, pyjama-clad in contrast with everyone ready for the day. "Quick recap of what I missed, please,"

"There was a tip-off of some hydra spies in a warehouse downtown," Cap pulls up photos, "intel say they were bringing in shipments,"

While you hum to signal you're taking in information, you finally look up and see an odd sight, "what the fuck are you doing here?"

"Language, please; Peter is here," Steve gestures to the boy who was doing his homework, headphones on.

"He has- never mind, just answer the question," you dismiss, pointing to Stephen. "And why are you dressed like a party magician?"

"I'm here to oversee the handling of the supposed shipments," he says monotonously.

"What are they? Balloons and silly string?" Your comment made a few snorts.

"Magical relics with the potential to level the entirety of Brooklyn," his hands move in the air, conjuring an image from the eldritch magic of said relics. Spheres engraved with runes, it looked to be activated only once a button upon it was pressed. "But balloons go pop too," he mocks, smug by the taken aback look on your face from the performance he pulled.

Confused and utterly at a loss, all that could be mustered was two words; "Show off," you scowl behind your mug, which he ignores.

~~~

"In and out," Cap explains, "we take out the agents so Strange and Wong can remove the weapons," in the dirt, he draws small indicators on where to go. "Y/n, you and Stark go here, so the rest of us take the front as a distraction,"

"No stupid duo name," you warn Tony, "I've been back less than a week, I don't want to hear it,"

"Wow, shatter my heart, why don't you," he opens his arms, "Come on, Monet, up, up and away,"

"I'll paint your suit pink," jumping into his arms, he blasts off while the others jog to the main entrance.

Within seconds, you land, and ammunition rained onto you and Tony. Stark puts a shield while you let graffiti along the warehouse walls come to life, grasping at the agents and restraining them against the wall. Kicking the guns into a pocket dimension formed from the aerosol patches in the ground, the rest was an easy task once Tony blasted the locks.

"Thanks, Tin can," you let the light from his suit guide the way down a hall. "So I have a new exhibition opening,"

"And what's it about this time?" He busts down every door only to see them empty.

"Heroes, as in all of you guys," taking out your grimoire, you get small creatures to scurry and jump off the page to hurry up and find the relics.

"Us? Well, make sure you get my good side," he then clicks his fingers, "Never mind, every side is my good side,"