Chapter 10 - Morning after

Hangovers were never avoidable, even if you were a hulk, god or super soldier, drunk was difficult but those withdrawals had them in pain for at least two hours. "Lucky bastards" was usually the first few curses thrown the way of those who had decided against heavy drinking. For a change, this unlucky morning, Tony was the one to get the brunt of the force.

"Stark you idiot!" you yell causing a piercing headache to shoot through your temples and the rest to throw couch pillows to shut you up.

But let's rewind to the exact moment everyone groggily woke up.

~~~

Memories flash through your mind, and one conversation sticks out:

"Strange," you drunkenly slam your hands down against the table he sat at.

"L/n," he replies back, half-hooded eyes meeting yours, "what is it?"

"I have... a favour to ask of you," sliding onto the couch he sat on, you refocus your mind, "I need one more person for my uh... project thing and-"

"You thought of me? Should I be honoured?" He places one arm on the table, "ask Wong,"

"I did, and he said ask you... I need a sorcerer because my dreams said so," you sip at your drink again.

"So you dreamt of me?" He asks slyly.

"Oh you fucking wish," standing to leave, you were too embarrassed to stay.

"Hold on... what do I get?" He leans his head on his fist.

"Pride to feed into that ego? You're getting art of yourself presented in an exhibition after all," you taunt him playfully, "so?"

"Better than a lunch box," he stumbles to his feet, clearing his throat with a hand held out. "Deal,"

The moment your skin came into contact with his rough hands, the scars running along each finger grazed lightly, his heart beat rapidly. Yours did in sync, "deal," you feel your legs wobble a little from standing still for too long. "I like your suit, by the way," the comment slipped after your hand fell from his.

"Thank you, I think 'Cloaky' adds a nice touch," he gestures to the disguised cloak who waved his tiny hem.

"It's a brilliant name, and you know it," finger pointed accusingly his way, the giddy fabric then reached out for affection. Now that was something you never knew you'd witness, "you're my favourite, Cloaky, don't worry,"

Regardless of that conversation and night, the main point was you now had your final subject, your exhibition saved and stress lifted from your shoulders. Twisting within the sheets of the bed, white covers curled around your body sweetly... before being tugged back.

Eyes shot open, and your head spun to face the person beside you. A scream was triggered, instantly waking Stephen. He jumps back, yelling in terror while sitting upright, sheets falling from his chest. His face was flushing red and confusion was written across his features. This quick screaming match was stopped when you smacked him with your pillow.

"Ow!" he grabs the pillow and smacks you back, the fabric falling lower until the fight was dropped and hands scrambling to cover one another up.

"What the hell are you doing in my room?!" but that was the thing, this wasn't your room. No, no, this was... Stark's?

"Morning, lovebirds," Tony leant against the door frame with a smile, Cloaky snickering beside him.

"This isn't- we didn't- did we?? No-" you hurriedly blurt out words.

"You didn't fuck," Tony places down two glasses of water, "you both just got soaked in the rain and Doc opened a portal here apparently... glad you think of me somewhat,"

"Shut up," Stephen clutches his head, seeing his soaked clothes on the floor alongside yours.

Cloaky soon floated towards you, wrapping around you, "thanks, bud," you awkwardly stand up, the cloak making sure you were covered. "I'm just gonna- yeah,"

"Good to know he has a favourite," Stephen lays back against the pillows, running his hands through his hair.

"Sleep in if you want, no rush-" his words were then cut off by a ringtone. "Hey, kid, what do you-"

"Mr Stark? Uh- about today... what are we doing about me? Uhm, Spider-Man I mean," the boy clarifies, nerves peaking through his voice. "Everyone is asking if Spider-Man will be there and-"

"Woah, woah... what do you mean today? Your tour is tomorrow, Parker," Tony looks from the phone to Stephen who raises a brow.

"Uhm... Mr Stark, it's today- we're about to go on the bus," as these words were spoken, the two men share a paling look, the colour draining from their faces.

~~~

But back to present time. After a rapid fire of insults, stressed statements and frantic running, the tower was in full motion of being cleared, cleaned and set as presentable as possible.

"L/n, Strange, you're coming with me," Tony gestures for you two, "we're greeting the kids, no saying no,"

Snapping your head up then back down to your current state, a rage built up to the point you were tempted to lunge at Stark. But instead you give an eerie "sure!"

Dropping the broom you were using to clear up the kitchen, you walk to the elevator, letting your magic collect at the base of your feet to then engulf your figure. Left after the magic faded was a sleek suit, heels clicking along the ground and your fist slamming the elevator button.

"You're so dead," Sam whispers to Tony who have a weary smile.

"No shit," he walks over, pushing Stephen into the elevator first. Strange, however, had different plans; he steps to one end of the elevator so Tony was between you and himself.

"You're a dead man, Stark," you mutter under your breath just as the elevator descends, smile plastered once the doors open. "Dead." You grit through your teeth.

~~~

Eras movie outfits cuz I ran out of memes (for now)

Yes faces be blocked cuz privacy reasons but y'all better know my friend and i's makeup slayed 😛

(also shout out to my bf who actually enjoyed the movie and hasn't stopped mumbling karma for two days now)

- Anna ❤️