Chapter Seven

Shuhua ran into the bathroom, opening the last stall to see Soojin, a sobbing mess, sitting in the corner of the bathroom on the floor with her head down.

"Soojin!" Shuhua ran up to her, leaning down and hugging her. Soojin pushed her off immediately. "Leave me alone.. Fuck!" Soojin shouted, scaring Shuhua. "Ugh, I'm sorry. I thought you were Soyeon.."

The two girls sat in silence until it was interrupted by Soojin. "Can I.. Hug you?" Soojin asked, Shuhua nodding quickly. "I've been waiting for you to ask that." Shuhua smiled. It freaked Soojin out, but she hugged the younger girl nevertheless.

Soojin let go once she heard Shuhua sniffing her hair. "Pretend this never happened." Soojin said, getting up and patting her skirt off, then leaving the bathroom stall. Shuhua was smiling like an idiot.

Soojin walked into her 1st period class, all eyes on her. She looked horrible, like a walking corpse. She had dry lips, dry skin, heavy eye bags, and greasy hair.

She took a seat in the far back of the classroom next to a window. Then, to her surprise, Soyeon walked in and sat right next to her.

Soyeon usually skipped class, so this was a rare occasion. The teacher didn't bother saying anything about it. No matter what any teachers said to Soyeon about her attitude, grades, or attendance, she blew it off and completely ignored them.

Class started eventually. Soojin was trying to pay attention, but she kept feeling something jab at her arm. She looked next to her, to see Soyeon poking her arm with a pencil. "Finally." Soyeon whispered to herself before passing Soojin a note.

Soojin unfolded the white, crinkly piece of paper and read it in her head.

Meet me by the front gates after school. Don't be late.

Soojin felt a shiver up her spine. She folded the paper back up and shoved it in the small pocket on her uniform shirt.

"Class dismissed!" The teacher announced. Everyone quickly got out of their seats, walking to their friends and wondering into the hallways. Besides Soojin.

She stayed in her seat as the teacher walked out the room. She was scared ro get up. She was scared to leave the room. She felt so safe in her little corner, but she knew she had to get up eventually.

After a minute of sitting by herself, she left the classroom. Sure, she would he late to her next class, but it was her strategy to avoid Soyeon and her friends.

It was finally the end of the school day. Soojin was shaking. She felt like there was no escape from Soyeon.

She couldn't just not show up, Soyeon would find her. She couldn't tell a teacher, Soyeon would make her regret it. There was no escape, this was Soojin's permanent hell.

Soojin walked out of the classroom, her legs feeling like jelly as she walked to the front of the school. Once she left the front door of the school, she could already see Soyeon standing there, about to light a cigarette.

She walked up to the blonde girl, staying silent. "No hello?" Soyeon asked. She rolled her eyes, taking blowing smoke out her mouth.

"Come on, let's go. I have to show you something." Soyeon commanded the black haired girl. Soyeon started leading the way.