Chapter Eight

As Soyeon walked away, Soojin followed. She knew what would happen if she didn't.

After 5 minutes of walking, Soojin's legs already felt weak. She was never the athletic type, and her laying in bed for days, not leaving her room didn't help either.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you walking so slow?" Soyeon asked, stopping in her tracks. Soojin stopped as well, looking down at her feet.

"My legs, I just-" "They hurt, or what?" Soyeon asked. She sounded annoyed. This wasn't a good thing.

Soyeon got down on one knee, signaling for Soojin to get on her back, but Soojin didn't understand. "Are you.. Okay?" Soojin asked.

"Get on my damn back already." Soyeon said. Soojin contemplated, only taking 1 step forward. "Hurry the hell up!" Soyeon shouted, scaring the black haired girl.

She walked to Soyeon, wrapping her legs around the blonde girl's waist and arms above her chest. Soyeon stood up with no struggle, continuing to walk like nothing.

Soojin was taken aback. Not only by Soyeon's strength, but how she felt when she was being carried by Soyeon. She felt comfort. Not just from the position she was in, but being in Soyeon's arms specifically gave her a sense of comfort and relief.

After walking for about 10 minutes, they reached their destination. A burger joint.

Soyeon kneeled back down, signaling for Soojin to get off of her. Soojin stepped off, and followed Soyeon into the restaurant.

"Go sit down while I order our food." Soyeon told the black haired girl. Soojin walked to an empty booth next to the windows.

The table was white and she could see her reflection in it. she hadn't seen her own reflection in what felt like forever. She looked miserable.

Soojin was staring at her own reflection long enough for Soyeon to both order the food and for the food to be cooked.

Soyeon walked to Soojin's table, placing down a wide red tray with 2 burgers, 2 fries, and 2 drinks. She said directly in front of Soojin as she started taking her food off the tray, then slid it forward to Soojin.

"Well, are you gonna eat or what? You better, I paid good money for this." Soyeon said before taking a bite out of her burger.

Soojin picked up the burger and took a bite. After tasting the burger, Soojin starting eating the burger like a competitive eater. When she isolated herself in her room, she had nothing. She didn't eat, she didn't drink, she didn't use the restroom, and she didn't look at herself or care for herself.

Soyeon didn't care though. It warmed her heart watching Soojin eating and being her natural self.

Soojin finished her food in less than 5 minutes, and Soyeon was still eating her burger.

She was feeling anxious again. Neither or them were talking and the restaurant was almost empty, so the energy was awkward and silent until Soojin decided to strike up conversation.

"So, why did you bring me here?" Soojin asked. Her heart sank as soon as she asked Soyeon that question.

Soyeon finished eating her burger before she responded. "I like you, that's why." Soyeon said in a monotone voice and blank expression on her face, whereas Soojin's reaction was the opposite. Soojin was shocked, and it was visible all over her face.

"Don't play those kinds of jokes on me, they won't work." Soojin said, crossing her arms. "You think I'd be joking around when you're as pretty as you are?" Soyeon said before popping a fry into her mouth.

Soojin just kept quiet. She didn't know how to respond, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to.

"You can have the rest." Soyeon said, sliding her fries and half empty drink to Soojin. She crumbled up her burger wrapper and stood up.

"Think about what I told you today." Soyeon said, smiling and winking at the black haired girl before walking out of the restaurant.

Soojin sat there, dumbfounded and not knowing what to think or believe.