The New School Counselor

It has been 14 years since I was isolated in the world. I grew up in a cold plain white room, together with a hundred children in the secret facility known as White Room. We were trained in every aspect from academics to politics. It was also expected for us to develop a strong mental mind but it is contradictory as if we failed in a test, a harsh punishment will await us.

We were not given any names, only called by codes and numbers. I am subject D-0047, the best and sole survivor of my generation. I also hold the title as the masterpiece of the White Room.

Because of that, I gained a lifetime amount of knowledge and fighting skills that is on a professional level.

And after all of those years of being a test subject, I am finally free.

Walking in the crowded hallway, I carry my briefcase which contains the necessary documents and books.

I don't understand why lots of students keep glancing at me.

Is it really that weird to see a 15 years old male wearing a black suit and glasses in a prestigious school?

Well since I am the only one wearing such a formal outfit, in a sea full of students wearing the school uniforms, I kinda expected that I would stand out.

The reason for my attire is because I am working in this school.

Yeah, you read it right.

I am one of the new faculty members, not a student.

A school counselor to be specific.

Having arrived at my destination. I stood up in the closed door, and released a sigh.

This sure is nerve-wracking.

I pull out my arm, planning to knock at the door first, before entering the room.

"Okay... let's go.."

Screechhhh

As I was about to knock, the closed sliding door suddenly slid open at the perfect timing.

If I was late for a second, it's pretty sure that the back of my hand would hit her forehead instead of the door.

Thanks to my well trained reflexes, I instantly pulled back my arm before I could hurt her.

The other person, who is undoubtedly a teacher in this school, was as surprised as I was.

She looked at me curiously then glanced at the arm that was holding a briefcase.

"Aha!" she clapped, "You must be the new guy, yes?"

"Yes, I am." I bowed,

I sensed a subtle ominous feeling from her smile but it quickly faded away.

"Get inside."

She turned her back and ran off, announcing to the other faculty members about my arrival.

"People~ the new guy has arrived."

I then stepped inside the faculty room and my soon to become co-workers stopped whatever they were doing, curiously staring at me.

It was kinda awkward when everyone was looking at you to be honest.

Waiting for an opportunity to introduce myself, I suddenly heard footsteps behind me, then I looked back, and then found the Director of the School.

He cast me a smile and I immediately bowed my head, greeting him.

"Good morning, Director Sakayanagi."

I heard a soft chuckle coming from him then he lightly tapped my shoulder.

"No need to be too formal, Ayanokouji-kun." he said, " Come on, introduce yourself."