Another normal day of the Counselor

Another week passed. Days are as always — peaceful, as I slowly got used to living as the guidance counselor of the school.

The way I thought of it sounds like I am asking for some sort of chaos happening in my life from now and then.

Nope, that's the last thing I want to happen, aside from handling the students' problems, in my new everyday life.

It's better this way — no, this is the best situation for now.

A permanent job with my own personal office and a well furnished room on the top floor of the school faculty building with a full crystal clear transparent glass window, best for watching the sun set to the deep calm ocean — colouring it yellowish red, and then staring at the star-filled sky with tiny bright lights floats above.

If this isn't what you call living a fulfilling way of life, I wonder what it is.

I raised my still-heavy eyelids, opening up my eyes — greeted by the flat polish ceiling.

“It's morning already, huh?” I mumbled.

Slowly raising up my body, the sole of my feet touched the cold ground.

“Another day for work.”

I bend up both legs, getting up from the so-ever addicting featherly fluffy bed.

Stretching out my arm into the air, I pulled down the string of the thick gray curtain spanning approximately one third my height in length then a smooth transition of the morning sunlight slipping through the transparent window, turning the dark dreary room into one with colours.

Heading out of the bedroom and then went to the left corner of the room, I entered the kitchen and began picking up food inside the fridge.

“Hmm…. This should do.”

Twisting the burner's handle, placing the prying fan, heating it up and putting in oil. Once ready, I smashed the pair of eggs —  that I picked up earlier — and started cooking.

Anyone asking whether I prefer eggs for the morning over the number of healthy foods, provided by the Chairman himself, is not even a question.

Because even now, I still haven't learned how to cook a decent meal all by myself.

Well, there is always the option of searching up ingredients and how to do it on the internet….. So basically, I'm just being lazy.

Not to mention there is the existence of the cafeteria, the convenience store and the few restaurants inside the campus where I can buy food.

I raised out my arm into the air, imagining that I am currently rolling a battered dough, preparing to bake a pizza.

A student that visited the office the other day shared some what if's about their life that somehow makes me question myself.

What if I wasn't raised in the White Room? What if that secret facility didn't exist? Will I be living as a normal average boy? Arriving at school with his friends then going home with a loving family that serves me hot homemade dishes, prepared by my mom and messing around with my siblings, only to be scolded by father that just arrived after work.’

No……….

The last part definitely wouldn't happen, even if the first two were.

The outcome will remain the same……. It will still be this bitter reality……. I will still continue to be alone…..

The smell of a burnt egg's white tickles my nose and I spontaneously snap back from my thoughts then realize the grave mistake that I have made.

“Dang!”