Short fuse

Sitting in my chair fixedly staring eye to eye with the other person inside the office—the atmosphere was a bit tense for a while now.

Sudou Ken, the name of the client referred to by Chabashira-sensei, wouldn't cooperate with me, instead. He always complained and is already in his last straw.

“Do you now realize the cause of your misfortune, Sudou-kun?” I calmly asked, but my eyes told a different thing.

“HOW THE HELL CAN I UNDERSTAND SHIT IF YOU KEEP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH!” he yelled.

I sighed internally.

Gosh. This guy is beyond help.

Aside from the fact that in his school assessment in the academic category, he has an outstanding grade of D. He also fantastically failed in grasping an idea logically.

Well, I guess that's expected from someone like him.

Sighed.

The counseling method that I used right now is the same approach that I did to aid one of his classmates, Yamauchi Haruki— the solution-focused brief therapy or also known as SFBT.

I calmly asked a few indirect yet relevant questions to the client, aiming for him to realize then questions himself about the root of the problem all on his own.

After all, at the end of the day, I'm just one of the people he will meet throughout his lifetime.

He is the only one who can help himself, not another person, just him.

However, all of my efforts turned out to be counterproductive as he didn't answer any of my questions, instead, he returned it back with pure hostility.

Truth to be told, I did expect him to be one of the clients, considering his behavior on campus and some baseless malicious rumors about him floating around.

This guy is hard to deal with. I got the feeling that if I directly told him about the problem, he would instantly respond with “So what!?” right in my face.

There is no reason for him to suddenly act modest, changing his aggressive attitude into a calm one.

Well yes. Due to his temper, he was summoned to my office but this is not enough.

It's not like he was threatened with expulsion if he'll continue his bad reputation…. Not now, at least….

But, I have a certain feeling that this guy still has slight redeeming features.

Not basing on the report and the complaints that I caught wind off to assess the student in front of me.

I tried looking at him in my own perspective.

Unlike those students in Class 1-C. It seems that he doesn't normally lash out at anyone without a reason. It may be a petty argument or a big one, but at least he didn't do it for fun or to act as a “King.”.

“Ahem.” I cleared my throat. “Sudou-kun?”

If he badly refuses to cooperate, which is highly needed for the solution-focused therapy, then he leaves me no choice but to change my approach.

The Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)

The mentioned approach was popular worldwide in its high success rates in dealing with negative behavior problems, and one of it is anger issues.

Alas, I'm also gonna use the confrontation techniques to force him to reflect about his wrongdoings for his own good.

I hated digging into other people's past since I dislike other people doing the same to me.