◦ 1 ◦

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

"There's not one person who has no secrets, Everyone has something they hide from others. Such that their friends, lovers or even their family don't know.

They keep it hidden, standing behind a wall of lies and painted smiles to achieve a thin yet stable sense of peace"

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

..

Chapter 1 ; Scene 1 - The introduction

----

"Mama did you know spiders aren't insects?"

The young boy said referring to a book that his uncle had given him a while back, the black haired child started listing off the explanation to such a statement, his mother in the other room of the apartment having deja vu.

Yor chuckled gently as she patted her son's head "I remember when Yuri ended up teaching me that" she reminisced, seeing her child laying on his back while reading a book that had pictures and graphic descriptions on wildlife ecosystems.

A slight ringing could be heard from the other side of the room, Yor stood up and went ahead and picked it up. Listening to the call, her eyes darkened a little before apologetically smiling at her son "Yiro, mama got a call for a job. Will you be alright being alone for a couple of hours?" she asked, even though this wasn't the first time this had happened.

Yiro nodded "I'll start making dinner then" the six year old boy said jumping up from the couch and giving his mother a hug, Yor smiled and hugged him back "be careful and don't open the door for strange people alright?" she mentioned, patting his back. 

The boy nodded and waved to his mother as she put on her shoes and left for a job, Yiro stared at the door for a moment before speedily walking to his shared room, looking under his bed and grabbing a locked box, efficiently unlocking it, he grabbed a notebook and a pen.

With his stuff he went to the kitchen to look in the fridge, what ingredients could be in here he wondered. Frozen chicken, milk, eggs, leftover rice, some sauces, condiments, vegetables and other fridge-worthy items.

Opening his notebook, he checked what he had written from last time and started cooking the recipe he found. After a while, he finished cooking a simple chicken fried rice that was enough for two people, leaving a plate that was sealed for his mother, he grabbed his plate and ate in front of the TV.

His notebook contained doodles of weapons, soldiers, candy and other shenanigans. It would be considered, a normal notebook which had no reason to be hidden and yet it was. Diving further and examining the contents written, it was a neat yet just barely legible writing.

A journal, that had entries that, from the fresh pages and crisp writing, seemed to be written around a year ago. Somewhat recent, and yet, the journal's pages were already exhausted, almost filled to the brim with writing. The vivid descriptions almost creating a mental photograph once read, sentences so graphic that it almost seemed like it was being written as the situation occurred.

The young boy watched his evening romance comedy as he ate his food, pausing the show every few minutes to draw something he found interesting, the first picture was of a man courting an older woman, flipping the page to another to write down his thoughts and feelings about the episode so far.

The next show clicked, quickly finishing his meal, he left the plate on the floor as he curled his legs towards him, watching the crime documentary in full attention as the open window's wind breezed by. The chilly wind almost made the boy wish he was wearing heavy layers but alas, his focus wasn't broken.