◦ 3 ◦

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

- Operation Strix -

"If he finds out I was lying, I'll graduate from an eccentric sister to a pathological liar and his trust in me will plummet!! And his promotion! I need to find a nice man-"

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

..

Chapter 1 ; Scene 3 - Coincidentally the same

----

After not being able to sleep, Yiro sat up with a positive mindset 'wait, this works? if mama's boyfriend pretends to be my father, I can pass the interview' he thought, although that was a good idea, Yiro wondered if that was even the reason his mother found a boyfriend.

That is.. if she had one?

.

Yor stared at the phone, she had just talked with her brother and completely lied about her social life. Not only that, Yuri even asked Yiro about who it was, fortunately for her, Yiro answered with vague answers such as 'he's cool.. a bit aloof' nothing actually giving Yuri information.

And not to mention, Yiro didn't ask about who it was when he walked back to his room so he must've been tired and saying random things right? Children must dream about happy families regardless! Yor concluded, now even more pressured to find a date for the party.

Even with that in mind, she didn't want to be the reason his promotion was held off, although this synced up perfectly with the letter she received yesterday for a parental interview, it was still too sudden. Who'd want to act as her date, let alone a fake husband?!

Yuri sat down by the phone in agony, fully dying inside as she thought about her life choices, the phone rings again and by this point, she wondered if she could turn back and just tell Yuri the truth but alas, the call was not from her brother.

.

"Huh?! Oh no,, this is the only nice dress I own"

Yor worried, her stress now piling up as she looked at her dress that had been torn at the bottom. Sighing, she looked back out the room into the bloodbath that she had just finished, her brother's and co-worker's words coming back, almost as if to haunt her.

Do you have anyone you're interested in?

Aiya,, what girl stays single for such a long time..

You need to be careful Yor, having a child without a father could be deemed suspicious by random passerby's, wouldn't want you being taken in for such reasons right?

Remember to bring a date!

Yor stood still, her eyes darkening, it was as if everything was crumbling down on her shoulders. She stared at the bloodied carpet in despair "this is hopeless.." she mumbled before continuing her clean up. Yor shook her head as she decided to bring Yiro to a boutique nearby, possibly to get her a dress and maybe even buy him, just in case.

.

Meanwhile, still not being able to sleep, Yiro rolled around on his bed, now suddenly stressing, although he knew his mother was more than capable of bringing a man, he wasn't sure if that man would be alive though. Looking back into his memories, his mother basically rescued him despite the bloodshed he witnessed, so he does want to find her a good partner but he also doesn't want someone who'll leave as soon as the interview's over.

After tossing and turning for a while, he hears the door click, a familiar sound of footsteps walk near his door, and Yiro stayed still, pretending to have fallen asleep. As to not worry his mother who opened the door and checked up on him, a small smile landed on her face as her worries slowly eased, Yiro's nose scrunched a little, he could smell a distinct scent of metal again.