◦ 7 ◦

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

- Operation Strix -

"I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then" - Alice (From Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

..

Chapter 3 ; Scene 1 - The Reward of their endeavours

----

The Forger family walked with a worried and heavy atmosphere, Loid was tense, Yor concerned, Anya worried and Yiro slightly dizzy. Yor let out a small gasp "My bracelet just broke.. Why today of all days?" Loid gave a gentle and reassuring smile "I'm sure it's just a coincidence" he said holding onto his hat.

Yor looked forward, Yiro noticed the black cat as Yor continued worrying about superstitions. Yiro's eyes never left the cat as it pranced across the road, Anya peering a look at her brother's thoughts 'What a pretty creature. I wish I could take them home' Anya's head turned to her dad, only to stop when she looked down "Chichi... Anya stepped in doodoo.." Yiro whipped his head in confusion.

"well isn't this walk lovely-" he muttered as picked Anya up, sat her down and starting taking her shoe off. Loid reaching into his briefcase and pulling out an extra pair of shoes for the little pink angel, the feces' infested shoe was rapidly discarded, not wanting the smell of excretion to be left of them.

..

"L-099! Yiro, you passed!!" Yor smiled as she picked up her son and hugged him, Loid smiled at the two as he continued to look for the other number, Anya was bouncing around and congratulating her big brother. As they continued to scan the board, they noticed.. K-212 wasn't on the board.

The mood dropped lower than Yor's ability to cook, slowly, the family walked away from the board. The two adults seemingly in a disarray and an existential crisis, "I failed.." Anya muttered, Loid and Yor snapped out of their trance as they started trying to change the topic. Anya's eyes watered, her voice breaking as she felt the tears ready to flow.

"A moment, Forgers."

Loid observed the document given "what is this?" he questioned, Yor and Anya quietly waiting "Look at the name on the top of that list" Loid read out Anya's name as Master Henderson explained, the paper was the waiting list that held the students who would be accepted if a current student were to drop out.

They chatted about, as Anya looked around, their thoughts and words seeming to match- well minus her mother's violent urges, she failed to notice the lack of thoughts from the one next to her as the silence seemed to be drowned out by the relieved thoughts of her father. Henderson elegantly turned to them "several accepted students withdraw each year. Prepare yourselves accordingly."

..

Three days later, the call was expected to arrive, Anya was dancing about with her plushie, seemingly performing her own version of a rain dance. When the phone rang, Loid was fast to grab it, spinning Anya in the process as Yor was quick to help her stand. Anya's chimera plush flew out of her hand as Yor stabilized her.

Yiro was walking into the living room when a familiar plushie landed in his hands, he looked at Loid who pulled out a party popper out of his pocket and celebrated Anya's acceptance. He smiled and looked at his little sister who jumped for joy as she held a bright smile. Yiro was about to congratulate Anya when the door rang, Loid quickly opening the door, to see his friend.