◦ 2 ◦

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

- Operation Strix -

"Never forget that everyone else's day-to-day lives are possible because of your blood and sweat"

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

..

Chapter 1 ; Scene 2 - A little wonder

----

Yiro stared at the rotary phone, he was waiting for his uncle's call and Yor had already left for work. Getting bored, he got up and looked outside the window, if one was to describe what he was doing, it would be people watching.

Cars passed by, people walked in a small cluster, loud chatter, buildings creating a scene where it seems narrow despite being wide enough to multiple ways for vehicles to pass by. The scene was somewhat scenic, the air wasn't the freshest but it was the city. What can a child expect

Yiro leaned by the window, his cheek pressed up against the window as he impatiently tried to be patient, a few minutes passed by and a blob that almost seemed intentional, almost made to catch someone's attention caught his eye

Lifting his head, he peeked closer, squinting his eyes as if to take a closer look, not that his six year old eye could zoom 'What interesting genetics..'  the boy thought as he stared at what seemed to be a blond man holding the hand of a pink haired child.

He shrugged amused, it wasn't like it's the first time he'd seen such a bright hair colour but it still fascinated him, unique genetics are always an interesting view after all. Brushing that off, he looked somewhere else, not realizing the blond he'd been watching a while ago, took a small glance at his building's general area.

"Bored,,"

He chanted over and over again, holding a newspaper that he'd already filled the puzzle out, he wasn't super sure if it was correct but after going through his encyclopedia, he probably got most of them right. Oh well, he could always get it checked by the smartest person he knows, if, that man ever got here.

Yiro looked at the door, expecting something to happen once he thought of that comment but alas, this wasn't some fast pace story that goes his way whenever it's convenient. After waiting a few more minutes, the phone rang, quickly getting up he ran to the phone and picked it up.

"Yiro! Sorry my call got delayed, I was busy with a few things. How are you bud? Did Mike arrive?"

"Oji, he's not here yet.."

"Excuse me?"

"Mike-san's not here yet.."

"I'll see to it that he gets there soon, be a good boy okay?"