◦ 5 ◦

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

- Operation Strix -

"To the Eden Academy Admissions Interview!!"
( "Goodluck Anya" -Yiro )

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

..

Chapter 2 ; Scene 2 - The Big Day

----

Yiro stared at Loid who proceeded to pack four suits, 'sir- mr father-in-name, what sort of nonsensical interview would cause us to change our clothing once, let alone four times?!' the little boy stared in at the suitcase in disbelief.

Loid saw him staring and gave a small nod "trust me Yiro, schools of that calibre need this much preparation" he tried to explain, Yiro gave a look of distrust and headed to help Anya fix her outfit, Loid stopped and started questioning where he went wrong.

Yor smiled and clapped her hands "Yiro, are you having trouble with your tie again?" she giggled as she saw the little boy who turned around embarrassed "no.... I- I can do it" the small mumble made both the adults chuckle, Loid loosened a bit and suddenly perked up, this was his chance to try getting into Yiro's good graces!

"Yiro, would you like me to help you?" Loid asked, purposely showcasing his perfectly made tie, Yiro's face crumpled before begrudgingly walking over. Anya had a bright smile as Yor sat her on her lap and brushed her soft rosy hair.

'I suppose this is what it would be like to have a son..'
'Mama's gentlee! Chichi's bad at brushing Anya's hair'
'This reminds me of when Yuri was still a little boy, how cute'
'Focus Yiro.. Learn this so you can do it! you can do this!'

The four continued their morning preparation in a calm yet reassured silence, Anya twirled around showcasing Yiro her beautifully combed hair, Yiro cheered her on as she giggled around. Loid was about to ask Yor something when the glimpse of the two kids caught his eye, he stood and his gaze warmed. A scene that proved his work was well worth the rubble.

..

"Alright, let's see.. Personal belongings?"

Yor checked her purse and nodded "Check!"

"Personal appearance?"

Yor brushed her bands and brushed off any specs of dust on her clothing, Yiro checked the tie Loid had fixed up for him and nodded meekly "Check!"

"Polite manner of speech?"

"I can do it! I will do my upmost best!" "Yes sir"

Loid felt like he just lost a strand of his health out of worry, but alas, It'll be fine. He kept affirming to himself to avoid losing his cool.

When they arrived at the gates, Yor awed at the sheer size of the school, Loid saying something  and asking if Anya felt alright with the crowd. On the other hand, Yiro was fighting every fibre in his body to grab his mother's hand, having a small feeling of anxiety, almost as if he needed to bring out his a-game when it comes to acting mature.

He straightened his walk, unconsciously following Loid's lead unlike his usual habit of walking on his own pace. Anya kept her eyes in front of her as she followed her brother's side. Loid lowered his head a tad "The three of you, stay on your toes. The interviewers are watching us. Do it just as we practiced"

As if it snapped him out of a trance, Yiro eyed Loid without making it obvious 'I can understand if mama sensed people watching but how'd he..'  Yiro's suspicion intensified as he almost instinctually corrected his way of walking. Stopping at a statue, the family of four placed their hands on their chest and saluted to the statue.