◦ 6 ◦

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

- Yiro Briar -

 "Thursday's Child has Far to Go"
Whether good or bad, Habits come from experience while one's mentality comes from their environment and their peers. Not from the parent's expectations. 

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

..

Chapter 2 ; Scene 3 - Downtime

----

Yor put the picture frame back on the wall as Loid tucked Anya to bed, she had noticed her son leaving to his room, with the solemn look on his face but she figured he might've wanted some alone time. With the teacup she made for him, she knocked on his door, patiently waiting for him to open up.

Faint shuffling could be heard before the door opened up, Yor looked at his disheveled hair and gloomy face, smiling, she crouched down and caressed his face "did I disturb you?" she asked, her warm voice immediately breaking his mood as his expression softened. He gave a small shake of the head, opening his palms, knowing what she brought.

Yor placed the cup in his hand, kissing his forehead as he took small sips of his tea, she walked in the room and sat down on his bed. Patting the space next to her, Yiro started shuffling his feet towards his mother, quickly but making sure to drink properly, he finished the cup and placed it on his table.

"Are you okay honey? You went to your room a bit early tonight"

She asked patting his hair as he laid his head on her lap, the comfort he'd been waiting to sink in had slowly creeped up. He mumbled a small 'no' as Yor kept patting his hair, she was a bit unsure on what to do as he'd barely acted like this. The last time he remembered him genuinely sulking was when he found out Yuri would start living on his own due to his job and that was quite a while ago. Not that he'd remember, she mused.

Yiro sat up and jumped down from his bed, shuffling and kneeling to his shelf of books, grabbing one of the puzzles that Mike had gotten him "mama.. I have a question" he asked, motioning for her sit on the floor with him, Yor obviously obliging and sitting down in front of him. He opened the puzzle and showed the small wooden contraption "What's your question honey?" she asked, her soft eyes waiting for him to speak.

'Yiro's a bit of special child, he's calm for his age and yet his level of maturity fluctuates'

Yor remembered her brother's words as she watched the boy fidget with the puzzle, a few seconds before he finally asked "Is.. Mike still teaching me- or um- I suppose he'd be visiting now.."  his voice was audible enough, Yor smiled, he was feeling a bit lonely it seemed.

She smiled at him and giggled "Of course honey, though he told me our new house is farther than before so he might get into more unfortunate situations and hopes you won't tattle on him for being late" she joked, his face quietly smiling as he played with the puzzle. She genuinely loved her son, although one could argue she wasn't the best at empathizing with her sometimes passive child.

He put the puzzle away and grabbed one of his newest creations "Mama, close your eyes please" he said, his mother didn't hesitate to close her eyes and lean in, Yiro putting a beautifully crafted carnation necklace on her. She opened her eyes and stared at the item he'd place on her, she gave him a tight hug and kissed his cheek.

The two caught up on old memories for a bit before Yor fixed his messy bed before tucking him in properly, the warmth he was trying to recreate- on his own, when his thoughts started seeming too loud- was easily created by her, a small kiss on his forehead was enough to send the sleepy boy to a world of dreams. A place where the warmth would keep the ones that lurk away, a small return to his stable mentality which contrasts from the immediate rush of static.