4. ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ᴅᴏ?

╔═════ ∘◦ 🌸 ◦∘ ══════╗

4.
A new Gift

╚═════ ∘◦ 🌸 ◦∘ ══════╝

The whole village was decorated with candles. People of different ages laughed, chatted, and danced on their way towards the Madrigal house.

Like every other Gift Ceremony, the whole village was invited to the new gift celebration. And the villagers couldn't be happier to witness the magical moment.

Fireworks exploded in the sky, giving the dark sky an ethereal look.

A few kids were handed sparklers, which they took happily and jumped on the small donkey carriages, leading them to the Madrigals' House.

In front of Casita, Luisa carried the donkeys and vehicles that had arrived to an allotted area.

As the villagers entered Casita, Camilo shifted himself into their clones and greeted them.

Inside, Casita played music with its tiles, helped the villagers put their hats and coats in the right place, and delivered snacks to everyone.

After finishing her work outside, Luisa carried sweets while the coffee kid and one of his friends hung on her shoulders.

As she passed by Marina Guzmán, the young woman took a sweet and put it in her mouth, smiling as her mother fixed her long black hair.

Mariana swatted her mother's hand away when she noticed Ian (who was dancing with some kids a few feet away from them) and stared at him dreamily.

🌸

Ian Madrigal, the golden child of the family, danced and flowers flew around him as a small crowd cheered for him. He waved his hands, creating a flower crown on a kid's head; then a flower bouquet landed on a woman's hand and an old man's face filled with a flower beard.

He stopped for a moment when he saw Y/n climbing down the stairs.

🌸

Y/n was fixing her earring as she climbed down the stairs. She let out a startled gasp as she was suddenly being pulled and her back hit a hard chest. She blinked a few times and looked around as the kids around her were cheering and someone was holding her waist, swaying her a little.

She let out an embarrassing squeak when she was twirled around and was instantly met with Ian Madrigal's undeniable handsome face.

Her hands instantly went to his chest, trying to push him away. "What are you doing??"

Ian just smiled at her. No, not his signature smirk. He was smiling. A wide genuine smile. Damn.

He took her wrist and twirled her around then pulled her back into his chest as beautiful flowers fell on them, making the kids and few adults around them squeal loudly as they started to dance as well.

"Dancing." Ian answered, still smiling softly.

"Huh?? Ok?" Y/n looked at him confused. He was acting weird. When did the last time he had smile at her like that? Mmmm.....when she was like 8 or something.

Ian twirled her again, causing Y/n to let out a surprise laugh.

"Wow Ok." Y/n laughed as she let herself enjoy a few minutes of whatever this was.

And both of them continued to dance under the floral rain.

🌸

Mariana's dreamy look instantly changed into a frown as she watched her self-declared rival (Y/n) dance with her soon-to-be husband. (Oh Mariana, only if you knew)