5. ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ᴅᴏ?

╔═════ ∘◦ 🌸 ◦∘ ══════╗

5.
Mr. Fake Charming

╚═════ ∘◦ 🌸 ◦∘ ══════╝

Y/n was standing beside the large amount of food (that was now brought into Antonio's room for celebration), gossiping with Camilo Madrigal after Mirabel had left her to do God knows what. (Y/n didn't know her best friend was singing 'Waiting on a Miracle' in her dreamland.)

Y/n and Camilo giggled loudly at the new prank Camilo had pulled yesterday while their families gave them weird looks. (A girl and a boy can only be friends! It's time to accept it, people.)

Suddenly, Ian appeared behind, and put his hand on both Y/n and his Cousin's shoulders, leaning on them.

"What's so funny? Was it Camilo's flirting that made you laugh, Y/n? " Ian asked, grinning, but his eyes were stern.

Camilo pouted, "I wasn't flirting!"

Y/n ducked away from Ian's hand, saying, "And if he was, I am sure he could flirt much better than you."

Ian frowned,  looking at her, "I flirt fine. No one can resist my charms. "

"Well, Mr. Fake Charming I'm sorry to burst your bubbles, but you suck at flirting. "

Ian's frown deepened. It seems like his papa's tips were useless. Hmm, looks like he needs to ask Tío Felix for help from now on.

Camilo sighed and slowly walked away from them (not that they noticed) to cause some chaos somewhere. Maybe he could annoy his sister a little, who was not so subtly looking at Mariana.

While Mariana was busy glaring at Y/n and Ian.

"Your girlfriend is glaring at me again." Y/n said as she took the sweet Ian had passed to her. (I am always hungry. Don't judge me!)

Ian looked at her confused, while taking a bite from his own sweet, "Girlfriend?"

" Mariana Guzmán... who looks ready to send me to hell and beyond right now." Y/n shrugged.

Ian looked at Mariana, who was indeed glaring at them. He grimaced. This was becoming ridiculous each day. How many times does he have to tell her that he doesn't like her like that?

Mariana and Ian used to be good friends when they were kids. But as they grew up, Mariana became obsessed with him, saying they would marry one day and have a lot of kids. Even her parents started to encourage her thoughts. Seeing that she didn't want to listen to or understand what he wanted to say, Ian slowly started to distance himself from her.

Don't get him wrong. Marian was a kind, beautiful girl, but she sometimes made him feel uncomfortable. He thinks she is more fascinated with his powers rather than him.

(Mariana and Ian both are 21 in this book if anyone is wondering.)

And most importantly, he already has his eyes on someone more beautiful and kind. Only if that someone liked him back. Ian sighed.

"She is not my girlfriend." Ian grunted.

Y/n raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms, "Does she know that?"

Before he could answer, they both saw a panicked Mirabel rush inside Antonio's room, yelling, "The house is in danger!"

She panted, repeating, "The house is in danger!"