7. ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ᴅᴏ?

❗️Sorry in advance for any kind of mistake.❗️

╔═════ ∘◦ 🌸 ◦∘ ══════╗

7.
Pressure

╚═════ ∘◦ 🌸 ◦∘ ══════╝

After Y/N left the breakfast table, she went towards her small garden, which was located between Casita and the L/N house.

In their whole encanto, it was the only place which was off limits for Ian to tamper with. The only place he wasn't allowed to use his powers and he had learned it the hard way (a story for another time).

Y/n continued to rant to Casita (who nodded with the open window which was facing the L/n house) as she watered her plants.

"You know, complaining to our house isn't going to solve our problems." Camilo said as he approached her garden and sat down on the lone bench near the (your favourite fruit) tree.

Y/n scoffed. "Yeah, like talking to any of our family members will help either. At least Casita doesn't judge people or give them foolish advices."

Camilo hummed. "Well, you can talk to me or Mirabel, you know."

Y/n sighed and sat down beside him, staring off into the distance.

Camilo looked at her face for a few moments, then hesitantly asked, "Please tell me you don't like me like that?"

Y/n turned to him and gave him a funny look , "What? Wasn't my whole speech there enough?"

"It was crowded with people. Sometimes we say different things in front of a crowd to not show our weaknesses. But now it's just us. " He looked at her seriously and repeated, "Do you like me more than friends?"

Y/n made a face. "When did you get so mature. And, God, no. You're cute and all, but you're not my type. Not in this story at least. "

Camilo sighed in relief, "Thank god! I was worried. And I don't swing that way. Well I do, but I prefer the other gender most. " He looked at her with a nervous look.

"What?" Y/n looked at him confused for a moment, blinking a few times, then a huge smile appeared on her face, "Wait, serious?!? Oh my god! That's great. " She hugged him.

"Yeah?" Camilo felt another rush of relief and hugged her back.

She broke the hug and asked, "When did you figure it out? Why didn't you tell me before?"

Camilo shrugged, "I was scared, I guess."

"Scared? Camilo, look at me. You can talk about anything you know that, right?" Y/n asked with concern.

Camilo nodded, "Yeah, I do. I just.... I wasn't ready. You're the first one I told. "

"Well, not really if Dolores is eavesdropping on us." Y/N added teasingly, and both of them shared a small laugh.

Y/n leaned her head on his shoulder. "I am really happy for you."

"I know." Camilo rested his head on top of hers.

They spent a few moments in silence, but it broke once a mischievous smirk appeared on Camilo's face. " I also know what your preferred type is."

Y/n snorted, "Oh yeah? And what is that?"

"Tall, shiny black hair, goody two shoes with a mole in the face."

Y/n instantly lifted her head and looked at him with narrowed eyes, "I don't like Ian."