8. ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ᴅᴏ?

❗️Sorry in advance for any kind of mistake.❗️

Reminder:
Y/n, Mirabel and Camilo are 18.
Luisa is 19
Ian, Dolores and Mariana are 21

╔═════ ∘◦ 🌸 ◦∘ ══════╗

8.
Worst Room

╚═════ ∘◦ 🌸 ◦∘ ══════╝

Y/n and Mirabel silently crept towards Bruno's room, but stopped in their tracks when they heard Abuela's voice.

They saw Abuela and Ian walking towards the opposite side, having a conversation (not really, Abuela was doing most of the talking and Ian was uncomfortable as Abuela was talking about Mariana Guzmán).

Mirabel started to panic as Ian glanced back and narrowed his eyes at her, suspiciously as Mirabel was about to enter the forbidden hall where Bruno's room was.

Ian opened his mouth to call her out, but stopped when his eyes landed on Y/n.

Y/n put her pointer finger on her lips and shook her head, meaningfully.

Ian nodded in understanding, then glared at his sister, ('of course she gets to spend her time with Y/n.' He huffed in his mind. He still needed to figure out how to get out of this engagement.) and turned back to his grandmother, agreeing with whatever she had just said to him, "So perfect."

Oblivious to the situation, Abuela continued, " And so good for the encanto."

Mirabel sighed in relief. "At least he listens to you."

"Mmmm.." Y/n hummed absentmindedly, but couldn't help but glance back at Ian as Mirabel dragged her towards Bruno's room in a hurry.

🌸

Y/n and Mirabel stood in front of Bruno's door, slightly terrified, thinking about what they might discover in there.

They turned to look at each other.

There's no turning back now. They have to complete their quest to save Casita.

(And Y/n really wanted to know what happened to Bruno. And she didn't dare to say it out loud, but she's hoping... hoping tío Bruno is hiding inside.)

Both of the girls gave each other a determined nod and pushed the door open. The door had been locked for so long that it was difficult to open; but they succeeded and entered the mysterious room.

"Huh." Y/n tilted her head in confusion, looking at the hourglass-shaped waterfall, no sandfall. She curiously placed her hand in the sandfall.

"Casita." Mirabel called their beloved house, questioning, "Can you turn off the sand?"

Casita answered by rumbling a few floor tiles outside of Bruno's room.

Mirabel asked in shock. "You can't help in here?"

Casita moved the tiles again.

"Looks like we need to go inside the sand portal then?" Y/n said and added, "We'll be fine." When Casita rumbled, a few more tiles, worried about them.

"We need to do this for you, for Abuela," Mirabel nodded, turning to face the sandfall, quietly adding, "and maybe a little for me."

Y/n gave her a reassuring smile.

Mirabel smiled back and declared, "I will go first." She readied herself and took a step into the sand portal. "Find the vision, save the..." She was instantly sucked in, and her screams echoed.