Apartment 213

"Here we are..."

Everyone looked out of the nearest window to see the infamous Oxford Apartments, and as usual, it didn't look like anything out of the ordinary. As Sam and Colby were doing their video in the backseat, Juliet turned into the main parking lot, immediately feeling sick to her stomach.

Introducing the research segment, Sam turned off the camera so the group could have a private pep talk. "How does everyone feel before we go in? I wanna see how it changes as the night goes on." Sam began, and Juliet decided to speak. "I felt sick to my stomach as soon as I pulled into the damn parking lot." She pointed out, and Colby reached out to grab her hand, quickly pulling away once he touched it.

"Her hand is ice cold." He told the others, which scared them. "Let's go before I change my mind about this place." Juliet unlocked the car, and the four of them filed into the building.

As the group entered the building, each person was greeted with full body chills and a bunch of stares from the people residing in the lobby. The receptionist cleared his throat, catching the attention of the investigators. "Welcome to the Oxford Apartments. Are you the four investigators we were informed of?" He asked as they walked up to the front desk. "Yes, we are." He answered, and Juliet stood closely behind him to look away from the stares she was getting.

"Alright, I just need your first and last name to initialise the transaction and be able to give you the key to the apartment." The man looked at the group, who were getting more anxious by the second. "Colby Brock, Sam Golbach, Corey Scherer, and Juliet Brock." Colby told the man, and Juliet was confused as to why he said "Juliet Brock" instead of "Juliet Dahmer".

As Colby took the key to the room from the receptionist, he gave the man one last glance before walking away to catch up with the group. "Dude, why did you say Brock instead of Dahmer for Jules?" Corey asked, and Colby just smirked. "Because I assumed that she wouldn't be allowed on the case if her last name was Dahmer, so I registered her as Brock." He explained, earning a kiss from said woman. "Clever, yet unnecessary." She giggled, and the quartet jumped into the elevator before it took off. Pressing "Floor 3" on the list, Juliet held onto Colby's waist as another wave of nausea hit her.

-

While Sam and Juliet were doing the research section of the investigation video in the 3rd floor lounge, Colby and Corey were waiting outside of the 213 apartment. "I'm worried about Juliet, man." Colby suddenly pointed out. "Why?" Corey asked, not looking up from his phone.

"Because I think that what her family said about her attachment is actually real. She's felt sick ever since we pulled into this place, and every time I've held onto her, she would not stop shaking, like at all." Colby explained, and before Corey could ask any other questions, Sam and Juliet were seen walking down the hallway with the camera recording.

"Alright . . . we ready?" Sam asked, pointing the camera to the other three. "We should let Jules open the door because it is her great-uncle's place." Corey suggested, and Juliet walked up to the door, wrapping her fingers around the freezing cold doorknob, and reciting a phrase in Latin before opening the door with the key that they were given.

"The hell was that?" Sam exclaimed, and Juliet turned to look at him. "Ab intus defende nos, domine karissime. It means 'Protect us from within, dear Lord' in Latin." She translated, taking a single set of steps into the apartment.

Her eyes gazed around the room, taking in the sights and the scents. Her nose was suddenly hit with the scent of 90's cologne, and it was so strong that it made her eyes water and her nose burn.

"Did you guys just get a whiff of cologne, or is it just me?" Juliet asked the boys, to which she got no response. "It just looks like a normal apartment that a single man would be perfectly fine living in. Strange." Corey muttered loud enough for the others to hear.

"Can I ask a question real quick?" Juliet called to Sam, who nodded his head and pointed his camera towards her. Taking a deep breath, she asked a question that she had been longing to ask for so long.

"I am speaking to Jeffrey Dahmer, and Jeffrey Dahmer only. Are you here with us at this time?"