Fire on Fire

"I don't think you should stand there."

Juliet could see Jeffrey waltzing around the room, examining the three young men whilst giving Juliet certain looks. For the first time, Juliet was scared beyond belief. If they die tonight, it's because she brought that demon here. Not them, her.

"Juliet, what do you see?" Colby asked, knowing how terrified she was but also trying to continue the investigation. "He's circling the three of you, like he's studying your physique, while giving me dirty looks. He knows I have a great bond with you three, but he wants total control." Juliet explained in great detail, feeling the demonic presense lurking behind her.

Juliet carefully kneeled down onto the floor, holding out her hand. Maintaining control, she looked up from the floor, accidentally making eye contact with the spirit. "Colby, don't let him touch you!" Juliet quickly warned, and Colby ran to the other side of the room. The spirit stared intensely at Juliet, walking towards her with a devilish look in his eyes.

Jeffrey grabbed Juliet by the neck as she tried to run, and her eyes went white. Corey continued to have the camera centered on her, but Sam and Colby were too scared to speak. Juliet clawed at the air, not being able to speak or move from the spot on the floor.

Colby pushed Sam away, running to Juliet's side and grabbing her hands. It was as if time had stopped. The room was dead silent, enough for the four adults to hear each other's pants and shaky breaths.

Juliet began to whisper pieces of Latin, confusing the boys. "Colby, back away. I know what she's doing." Sam told the younger man, who stumbled backwards away from his girlfriend. She continued to chant the Latin phrases, staring intensely towards the wall. Colby watched in complete shock, not knowing what to do or say. He slipped off his cross necklace, throwing it to Juliet for protection.

Juliet caught the necklace midair, not breaking her concentration. She began to recite a prayer in English, struggling to remain standing as she spoke.

"Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen."

As soon as the word "amen" left her mouth, Juliet fell to her knees, covering her ears and sobbing. The only thing her mind could comprehend aside from agonizing pain was the feeling of Colby's hands grasping hers, the fear in his voice was ringing in her ears. She was utterly convinced that she was going die that night...

Author's Note: Thank you so much for over 200 reads! It means alot to see that people like my story, and another chapter will be published soon!