15. unintentional flirting

"turn a bit" i hold the sewing needle close to the dress that i made - with amorah as my fit model. she nods and continues the conversation between the three of us; milo, amorah, and me. "-but i think len's still upset at me." she says, sighing.

while eating his sugar cake, milo states in his faint Trinidadian accent, "try talking tonight

while eating his sugar cake, milo states in his faint Trinidadian accent, "try talking tonight. i'm sure you'll both apologize and be cool afterward." shrugging his shoulders.

i agree with him, "yea i'm sure it was just another lover quarrel" nodding my head as i pin her dress together, then standing back to observe and look for any imperfections.

"but that's the thing. it was kinda different this time. normally we'd talk the next morning but he seemed completely done with me. what if he wants to break up..."

"woahh!" both milo and i look at each other, then at her. "how about we talk about something...less stressful?" milo slowly nods his head while pulling his lips back until she nods back.

"fine."

"so jenae, how's that roommate?" amorah changes the topic.

she knows what she's doing.

and so do i.

so instead of answering right away, i return to my desk and look into my fashion sketch again, rather than get too deep into this topic. i myself am a bit confused about him, and right now i don't feel like battling my emotions, especially from this morning.

"he's alright i guess?"

"just alright? sounds like it's more than that?" amorah snickers.

"wait, you haven't met him right?" milo asks amorah, completely ignoring the need to read the room or my face. both of them began making vinnie the #1 topic - in which i skip. however, as i ponder into the pages of my croquis, my phone vibrates upside down on my desk.

looking away from my croquis, i flip my phone over and check my notifications. it was a text from vinnie.

"you like white frosted donuts and black coffee right?"

squinting my eyes at the screen because i was skeptical, i reply, "yeah, why?"

the three dots pop up for a few seconds, then they go away without a reply from him.

what is he doing?

what did he mean?

suddenly, there's a knock at my office door. amorah and milo look at the door for a second but return to their conversation once they see me stand up. suspiciously, i open the door and stand completely confused.

vinnie stands in front of my studio door with coffee and a bakery bag in his hand. hoping milo and amorah don't see him, i look back, then pop outside of the door with vinnie's shirt unintentionally in my grasp to drag him farther away.

"woahh, i'm guessing you missed me." he chuckles, putting his hands up in a defensive matter.

exhaling, i release him, closing my eyes, and folding my lips. "what are you doing here?" i whisper. his eyebrows curve and he whispers back, "i can't bring you coffee and a donut?" chuckling his soft chuckle once again with strong eye contact. he hands me the food with a grin on his face.

"it's not that...it's just why would you go out of your way to bring me lunch?" i soften my looks and glance at his sincere expression.

"it's a thank you for the eggs this morning."

"oh!?" i'm taken aback by his consideration. "thank you," i slightly looked at the ground, hiding my smile.

"so...can i come in?" he draws his bottom lip between his teeth.

i smile again.

i want to explain why he can't, but before i'm allowed to peep a word milo startles us. he stands in the doorway, looking intrigued by our conversation, and smirking.

"didn't mean to interrupt," he giggles.

yes he did

i turn my head to put my eyes on milo, "hmn?" i glare at him.

"well i clearly interrupted something..." he chuckles again.

"oh no-no, i was just dropping off lunch for her." vinnie chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck.

"well isn't that sweet," amorah says, rushing and squeezing between the door and milo.

goodness...

"vincent." she squints her hazel eyes and snickers in the doorway as she taunts his name through her mouth.

"morah." he squints back, but in a playful manner.

"wait you guys know each other?" milo blinks at amorah first, then vinnie.

"i'll explain later," i exhale. "but for now, vinnie this is milo. milo this is vinnie. as you already know, he's my roommate." vinnie waves his hand and from a quick glance, i realize how veiny it is. i also start to peek at the tattoos on his hand that i never took the time to notice in detail.

"well i should get going...nice to see you again, morah and milo." he slightly nods his head. "see you jen." he kisses my cheek then walks away and down the hall.

woah..

don't be silly jenae, remember you're in a fake relationship

plus he doesn't know that only amorah knows

the three of us watch as he walks out the door and into his car. watching him pull his gear stick and pull off with a smile on his face, made me blush. the warmth and softness of his lips was so...dreamy. imagine what it's like to ki-

"a 1993 mazda rx-7 fd?" milo questions, as we all watch him drive away.

"yeah" i sigh, snapping into reality once again. now i have to return to pondering about the dress design i fit on amorah while doing any topic about him. but still, it was so thoughtful of him to bring me lunch.

"i dunno what you guys have going on, but i like it." milo raves.

"there's nothing going on."

"pshhh, yeah right." amorah rolls her eyes. "because normal people flirt that much over donuts and coffee."