24. i want more ♡

"please hurry," i mutter, hugging myself warm while nano sniffs around the grassy area. the morning sky remains dark and the neighborhood streets are quiet and deserted. insects trill not too far away, and the birds begin to cheep in sing-song. the summer temperatures warmed me as the both of us stand outside.

but before nano fully woke me, i remember the feeling of being in vinnie's arms again. his warm chest hugged against my back and his arms slung over me, clutching me close. his warm breath tickled the back of my neck while he lightly snored.

of course, i eagerly hoped to get back, cuddled by him again but he would most likely wake up if i were to try and sneak back into his bed.

i carry the poop bag that's hanging by my two fingers. off in the distance, someone else is walking their dog down the sidewalk on the opposite side of the road. nano rushes to tug on the leash and yanks harshly when he discovers them, shortly after i do. "heel," i command to him, attempting to calm nano who was barking and whining at the other dog.

i'm not sure what went wrong during his training and puppy years, but for an odd reason, nano goes crazy over other dogs. he'll tug and pull on the leash at the sight of one and if he was to ever get loose from his leash...i might never get him back.

once the owner and dog are out of our sight, we calmly return to the house. i unhook his leash and find that i'm no longer tired. i actually have a sweet tooth. when we go back into the house, nano disappears through the down stair halls, and I wander into the kitchen.

i search through the fridge and find the pre-made cookie dough that was packed for a late-night dessert.

maybe i could wake the others later from the smell of cookies and surprise them with cookies as breakfast.

it's unhealthy, buuut it is thoughtful.

i unpack the cookies, position them on a cookie sheet, then pop them in the oven. since i have a history of burning oven foods merely because i forget about them, i choose to stay in the kitchen.  i sit on the island counter while i endlessly flip through the pages of the vivienne westwood catwalk collection. whenever i need a strike of inspiration again, glancing through this book makes me feel like a worthy designer again. looking at the endless collection from my inspiration.

in the distance, i hear footsteps. i pick up my head and there stands vinnie and nano at his side.

what's he doing up this early?

"i see that you left me," he frowns and stands in front of me.

his hair appears to be damp and so does the rest of his body. little droplets of water over the noticeable parts of his body. he's only wearing his sweatpants with the top of his boxers displaying "calvin klein" which also makes his light happy trail visible. he must've just gotten out of the shower. but how come i didn't hear?

stop jenae, you're staring.

"oh, sorry about that." i apologize, setting the book beside me.

he leans closers, next to the counter that's directly beside me, and stuffs his hands in his sweatpants pockets. "what're you doing up so early." he questions.

"nano woke me up so i took him out to use the bathroom."

why can't i stop smiling?

"wait...you walked nano in an unfamiliar neighborhood in the dark all by yourself?"

"yes.." i answer slowly and unsure of why he looks so concerned.

"do you realize someone could've snatched you up and none of us would've known?"