1 | King Min Yoongi

The year 1194 - Yeoheung Min Clan

Jungkook's first life was spent in the palace, serving the king, and when his son ascended the throne he thought that his days will remain the same. He was a warrior, a good one to be precise, and his job was to be with the king 24/7, defending him. Not for a moment did he think he could fall in love with him.

The day began like any other day, he was seated next to the king, while he completed some official duties. But in the evening the young king received a letter from the former king, his father.

"Pf. I don't need a queen, what is he saying?" the young king cried beside him. "I can lead the country alone, without the help of a woman who will give me a headache every time I see her" he continues.

"My King... Maybe your father is right. The throne needs an heir." Jungkook tried to convince him but was interrupted.

"The heir needs to wait. Right now I have different plans for this country." Yoongi said in a harsh tone, placing the last parchment on the table. "I need fresh air. Jungkook, come with me"

It was true. The throne needed an heir, but with the determination of king Yoongi it was not possible. Jungkook was happy about it in a way, he doesn't need to see the man he loves with another woman at the moment.
The two man left the palace and headed to the secret lake that only he and king Yoongi knew about. The view was amazing, the way the water in the lake moved, the wind blowing smoothly and the sun reflecting in the water. The king stopped walking, Jungkook behind him.

"Today's weather is nice." said Yoongi, not even trying to face the boy. He was a reserved person, with an awful ability to express his emotions right. People always said he was cold and heartless, but Jungkook didn't think so. For him, king Min Yoongi was a real mystery and with each passing day, he knew him better.

"Yes, my king. The sun is bright today, so it's much warmer than yesterday." Jungkook replied, looking mesmerized at the view in front of him.

"My father is wrong. I don't need a queen, but it seems that nobody has trust in me to rule alone. I'm disappointed, I had very good ideas for this country. You believe me, Jungkook?" he asked, moving his head to face the boy.

"Of course I have trust in you, my king. I believe you can rule this country better than before, but... Your father is right, your highness. You need an heir, the clan needs to survive." said Jungkook, looking at the ground. The king was silent for a moment, then the sound of footsteps was heard, and in front of Jungkook's eyes, a pair of shoes was seen. Then the boy felt a finger under his chin raise his head, his gaze now directed to the king's face.

"My father is an idiot. In the future, yes maybe I would consider an heir, but now I don't need one, or should I say... I don't want one?" the young king replied, and then he continued, without taking his eyes off Jungkook. "Tonight, at 11 o'clock be in my chamber and be dressed in normal clothes."
Then the king leaves, leaving Jungkook alone in front of the lake, staring blankly.

♥︎

At 11 o'clock Jungkook was in the front of Yoongi's room, waiting for the king. He was nervous, at least because he knew Yoongi would sneak up to go somewhere, but he didn't know where. Every time he tried to go with his king, Yoongi would stop him and tell him to wait for him in his room, and if someone was asking for him, to lie and tell them he was sick and wanted to rest. So there he was, nervous because he knew that tonight he could go with Yoongi.

"Punctual as usual I see, Jeon" said Yoongi, leaving his room and looking at Jungkook. The boy blushed, taking the compliment and bowing his head to the ground for a few moments. After some time he looked at Yoongi.