2 | Captain Kim

The year 1916 - World War I

     Jungkook's second life was spent in the military training rooms. The world was not really for the war, but it had to be done. From morning till night, Jungkook trained to become a good soldier. But everybody makes mistakes, right?

     "Jeon. What's that, hm? Do you think we are playing here? We are in a war, not some dream of yours." the lieutenant said, looking at Jungkook with disgust.

     "Sorry, sir. I will do better, sir."

     "I don't want to hear it. 25 points out of 100 at firing with a gun. You are going to die on the war front, boy."

     Jungkook looked down, embarrassed. He had a bad day, he couldn't sleep well because of his past life dreams* and now he was scolded by the head lieutenant. He missed Yoongi.

*past life dreams — dreams that show you sequences or scenes from your previous life. They occur in the third person and they show from the moment you were born, until the moment you die. These dreams begin to appear at the age of 10 old and end at about 20-25 years, depending on how long human life has been.

     "Look at you. All skinny. You are so thin that even the wind can take you in flight." the lieutenant said again. "Ah, you know what? I don't care. Do what you want, boy. You have to learn a lot." and then the man left, leaving Jungkook alone.

     Maybe he was right. He was pretty... skinny and short. He envied general Kim. The man was tall, muscular, and handsome. No, no.... This wasn't good. He was supposed to be in love with Min Yoongi, not Kim Namjoon. The idea of being in love with someone else than king Yoongi was foreign to Jungkook.

     "Thinking hard I see." said someone from Jungkook's back. The boy looked in that direction just to meet Namjoon's gaze. He bowed the said:

     "Yes... I was thinking about my shooting score. I was kinda..."

     "Bad? Awful? Terrible?" Namjoon joked, looking at Jungkook with amusement, a smile on his face.

     Oh and the dimples. Dimples that made Jungkook's stomach be full of butterflies. The man in front of him was truly very handsome.

     "It seems so... I just had a bad day. Nothing too bad. I just... couldn't concentrate. I'm sorry." Jungkook said, looking at the floor.

      "Don't be sorry. Everybody has a bad day but just try to not have them very often. We are in the middle of a war after all. And... If you need a little help, you know where to find me." and with that Namjoon was out of the room.

♥︎

     A week later, Jungkook started to consider Namjoon's offer, and after practice, he was looking for the boy in his office. At the moment, he was starting in front of Namjoon's door, wondering if he should knock or not. But he didn't have time to think, when the door opened and Namjoon appeared in front of him, topless, looking confused.

     "Jungkook, what are you doing here? I thought you had practice?"

     "Oh yeah. I- hm.... I-" he said, stuttering.

     Namjoon smiled, and then he went back into his room, put on a freshly ironed shirt, and then went back looking at Jungkook, his face a little red.

     "Better?"

     "Oh yes. I mean no- I mean... You look good. Oh God, what am I saying?" Jungkook said, and then continued. "I was looking for you. I was wondering if... you know. Your offer is still up?"