4 | Writer Kim

The year 1950

It was a hot day when Jungkook decided to buy a coffee from the local shop, right in front of his workplace. He couldn't sleep that well that night, nightmares were hunting him. Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jimin, his three lovers... His three failed love stories. Sometimes he wishes that other people could remember all their past lives. It was weird... It felt like a dream but in detail.

He was happy... For the first time in three lives, he was happy. He was born in a healthy and rich family, a loving family with four kids. Now at 25, he was already at his house, with his dog and a monthly salary. One thing was missing... love. He felt alone, and he knew that Yoongi, Namjoon, or Jimin are not coming back.

When he entered the place, a very cozy coffee shop in his town, thinking what coffee should he buy. There were many items on the menu that the boy could choose from, but he decided to stick with his simple order, deciding that he didn't need a change today. An americano with a little bit of sugar. It was simple but very tasty.

The line wasn't long, so Jungkook didn't have to wait much to get his order. With the thought of returning and looking for a table where he could enjoy the hot drink he had just bought, he walked away from the line and unwillingly stumble over his own boots. Luckily he didn't stop, but his bad luck was that all his coffee was now on the sheets of a stranger sitting at the next table.

"Oh my god. I'm so so sorry, sir. I didn't mean to. I just didn't see where I was going." said in a hurry Jungkook, looking at the stranger's face and the paper, the soaked paper he was holding.

"I-... It's ok... I just. Oh shit, I worked a month on that." cursed the stranger, looking at Jungkook. "It's ok, accidents happen. I-"

"No. Let me buy you a coffee. I feel bad now. An americano it's okay, no?" and with that Jungkook was gone, back in the line ordering another coffee.

He felt bad, so after he bought the coffee, he returned to the stranger's table and looking at him he said:

"I hope you are okay, the coffee was very hot. I didn't burn you, did I?"

"No. I am fine... but not my work. But it's ok, I-... I would try to save it." said the boy, looking at Jungkook and then continued "I'm Seokjin, by the way. Kim Seokjin."

"Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook. Nice to meet you." said the boy smiling, sitting opposite Seokjin.

"So... What exactly I destroyed?"

♥︎

After the coffee incident, Jungkook convinced Seokjin to pay the cleaning expenses and buy him another coffee the next week. So after a week, they met again, at the same table and the same cafe. The meeting is nice, they talk for about 5 hours and in the end, Jungkook asks Seokjin on a date. Of course, Seokjin accepted.

They were at a table, in a restaurant Jungkook booked a week ago, chatting about their pets. The boy told Jungkook that he wanted a dog for some time, and the younger one responded that he already has a dog, named Bam and currently it's at his parent's house.

"So... What are your hobbies, Jungkook-ssi? asked Seokjin, taking a sip from his glass of red wine.

"Please, Jungkook is fine. Plus, you are older than me, Seokjin-hyung. I like painting and photography. But right now I don't have enough time to do that, you know. I own a shop and it's just... hard. What about you?"

"Oh, I understand. I'm a chef, I work at the other restaurant down the street, I don't really have time for my hobby, but I try. I write poetry."

Seokjin's response put Jungkook in a new light. They both created art, so there was another thing they had in common.