𝗪𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗲 || Katakuri x F!reader

~•~•~ Requested by: CrystalStar707 ~•~•~

Hearing the chime of bells, Y/N navigates her way to the front counter of her bakery as she precariously carries a tray full of pastries.

Looking to see who entered, Y/N beams when she recognizes the familiar figure. "Brûlée!" Y/N exclaims, excited to see her dear friend, the first one she made since moving to Whole Cake Island.

"Good morning Y/N. How've you been?" Brûlée inquires as she peers at the various assortment of pastries and sweets Y/N has on display.

"Business has been a bit slow but otherwise I've been well. How about you? I heard through the grapevine that your sister is getting married soon, congratulations!"

Y/N giggles as she hears Brûlées signature laugh, one that never fails to make her smile. "There'll be lots of celebration this month. My brother's birthday is in two days, then we have the wedding, and then another birthday!"

Brûlée sighs in exasperation, her large family meaning lots of birthday celebrations.

"Y/N... I need a favor. From one friend to another..." Brûlée muses, a mischievous smile growing on her face. "Brûlée... what is it this time? Don't tell me you're requesting more free pastries! You'll drive me out of business at this rate!!" Y/N laughs.

"I'll pay this time, look!" Brûlée retorts as she holds her wallet up triumphantly.

"Woah! You've actually remembered your wallet for once~" Y/N taunts.

"Well this order is extra special. My brother absolutely adores donuts, and I was wondering if you could make him a dozen for his birthday? He really likes the powdered ones with the jelly inside." Brûlée requests, propping her arms up on the glass display case and clasping her hands together in a begging motion.

"Okay, okay. I can't exactly turn down a member of the Charlotte family can I?" Y/N teases, immediately starting preparations for the batch of donuts.

Brûlée laughs and hops into the mirror Y/N had set up on the far wall of the store. "Y/N, you're the best friend a girl could ask for, thanks a bunch!!"

Y/N waves goodbye to Brûlée, a smile playing on her lips as she watches her friend leave.

~•~•~ Two days later ~•~•~

With only herself as an employee, it would take Y/N a significant amount of time to whip up a batch of donuts... that is if she didn't have her trusted helpers.

Exiting the bakery and walking around the back, Y/N sculpts bakers out of clay she had stored. Using her devil fruit powers, Y/N could imbue her own will into inanimate objects so they could do her bidding for her.

With three clay bakers doing the actual baking, Y/N spends her time preparing decorations for the donuts... her absolute favorite part. Once the donuts were freshly baked and ready for frosting, Y/N lets the clay bakers return to being inanimate so she could focus on the task at hand.

Meticulously decorating the donuts, Y/N pours her heart into the craft. Too honed into her endeavors, Y/N almost has the wits scared out of her when Brûlée comes rushing through the mirror.

"Y/N!! Have you finished the donuts?!" Brûlée exclaims, completely obvious to her friend's startled demeanor.

"Brûlée!! You nearly scared me half to death, who would've made your donuts then?!" Y/N retorts, clearly pulling her friend's leg. "I'm just about done though. I really hope your brother enjoys them."