𝗥𝗲𝗱 || Shanks x reader

"Oi! Captain! We're all out of sake!" Yasopp shouted from the storage room of the Red Force.

"Huh? How's that possible!?" Shanks retorts, running to the storage room to take a look himself. Behind him, Lucky Roux laughs heartily. "You're the one drinking us out of house and home captain!"

Sighing in discontent, Shanks rubs his temples. "We'll stop at the closest island to restock. We're running low on a couple other things too, we're overdue for a reload."

"You heard 'im! Let's go!" Yasopp shouts, garnering the attention of the rest of the crew. Wasting no time in setting course, Shanks and the rest of the Red Haired Pirates set out in search of their beloved booze.

~•~•~ One day later ~•~•~

"Here's your whiskey, enjoy!" Y/N chirps, handing their patron their order.

Bartending was no easy feat. Bartending by yourself... forget it. As the only bar in town, Y/N was busy at all hours of the day, tending to the many drunkards that populated their hometown.

Despite the hustle, Y/N was fairly content. Located on the harbor, Y/N got to hear the stories of many passing travelers, even the occasional pirates.

If they couldn't sail the world... this was their next best option.

Gazing out the window, Y/N watches as a pirate ship moors. 'I've never seen that jolly roger before...' Y/N thinks to themself absentmindedly, too distracted by their patrons to pay it much mind.

"Hey look!" Yasopp exclaims. "It's an inn right on the harbor, with a bar!!"

Excited to unwind after a long time at sea, the Red Haired Pirates file off the ship and make a beeline for the inn. Shanks takes his time walking over, amused at the sign above the doorway.

'The Red-Headed Bartender? How ironic...'

Walking in, Shanks' mood instantly improves as he enters the lively scene. Many of his crew members were already standing by the bar, eager to get their hands on some liquor.

Squeezing his way past his crew, Shanks dangles a sack of Bellies in the air, alerting the bartender who was going to be covering the tab. Waving their hand in recognition, Y/N smiles gratefully.

Next to him, Shanks hears Benn Beckman laughing. "Don't you say it..." Shanks starts.

"They have the same hair as you, it's a match made in heaven!" Benn exclaims between fits of laughter.

Walking over to the two men, Y/N smiles at the two. "What can I get for you two tonight?"

"Do you sell in bulk?" Shanks inquires, drawing Y/N's attention onto himself. "We do!"

"Hey, hey! Look at this!" Benn shouts to the crew. "They're matching!!"

Y/N chuckles as the crew swarms around them. Rustling their hair mockingly, Y/N poses for the group of men.

"Feel free to order as in bulk as much as you'd like, I'll throw in a ten percent discount for a fellow red-head~" Y/N teases, smiling directly at Shanks.

"Alright!!" Yasopp jumps, high-fiving Benn Beckman in the process.

As Y/N prepared the copious order of alcohol for the group, they continued to small talk with Shanks.

"I hope your journey here wasn't too harsh. The weather surrounding this island can be brutal this time of year..." Y/N muses, shuffling around the counter as Shanks watches from the other side.

"It's no problem for my crew! We're tough." Shanks asserts proudly, earning a chuckle from Y/N. "I'm glad to hear. I can only imagine there are many other dangerous parts of the sea."