𝗘𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 || Caesar Clown x F!reader 🍋

'Two parts A to one part B. And there!'

Standing back from her work, Y/N looks at the vial with a grin plastered on her face. For the past couple years, Y/N had been trying to aid her superior in his experiment... unfortunately to no avail.

No matter what the two did, something always had to go wrong... but that's science.

As he had told her time and time again, the foundation of science was trial and error.

Pouring the liquid into a clean vial, Y/N rushes out of her laboratory to go find her superior, eager to show off her results.

Punk Hazard was a large place, and by the time Y/N had reached her destination, the feeling of anticipation that was building up inside her had grown so strong she felt like she'd burst.

Not because she was scared of critique from her superior... quite the contrary.

Knocking on the door, Y/N waits eagerly for an answer. Her heart swells when she sees the door crack open, her beloved scientist staring back at her, a wry smile pulling on his lips.

Once he had stepped out of his room, Y/N holds up the vial with a look of pride.

"Excellent job Y/N. I knew you could do it."

He knew exactly what made her tick. He liked it... the way she'd melt under the slightest hint of praise, despite her futile attempts to hide her feelings.

"You praise me too highly! We haven't even conducted an experiment with this yet, so don't jinx it Caesar!" Y/N pouts, putting her hands on her hips defiantly.

"We can do that tomorrow Y/N. Why don't you come relax with me?" Caesar invites, opening the door to his room.

Y/N smiled gratefully but shook her head. "I've shut myself in my lab for the entire day, I hate to decline but I'm completely famished~" She says, holding her hand up to her forehead to feign a faint.

Turning back into his room, Caesar places the vial on a counter before joining Y/N in the hallway.

"Now how often is it that I get to have dinner with my beloved assistant?" Caesar teases, wrapping a hand around Y/N's waist. "It's the tragic fate of a scientist is it not? Doomed to be shut away in our labs forever!!" Y/N jokes mockingly, leaning into Caesar's embrace.

Originally, Caesar was wholly against the idea of muddling the line between work and personal relationships... he made that clear with Monet.

But Y/N... she was unlike anything Caesar had ever seen.

Naturally, she was adept in all things science, a given considering her position. But unlike most fellow scientists, Y/N was in love.

An irrational emotion that constrained her otherwise logical demeanor. How could she help it though?

Caesar was brilliant.

Prior to their arrival on Punk Hazard, the two worked closely together in Vegapunk's lab. When things got sour and Caesar was thrown out, Y/N didn't bat an eye when she decided to flee Vegapunk's lab to tag along with Caesar.

His work, his knowledge, was her ecstasy. There was simply no other way to put it. Caesar knew this of course, and he relished in it.

Who wouldn't want to have a beautiful and intelligent woman by his side? At first, he tried to keep his relationships separate... it's hard to work when you're distracted by illogical emotions.

As time droned on and Caesar and Y/N spent more time together shut up in their labs, that line became muddled, confused. Playing dumb only lasts so long anyways.