𝗠𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗹 || Enel x F!reader

Looking in the mirror, Y/N sighs as she runs her hand over her wings. The large white feathers glistened in the morning sun, but she knew she couldn't reveal them outside of her home.

Grabbing her cloak, Y/N fastens the clasp to cover her wings before leaving for town.

After being subject to years of ostracization from other Skypieans, Y/N knew better than to reveal her wings on Love Island. The locals on this island didn't know her deep secret, one that could easily spell her doom.

Humming to herself, Y/N meanders through town as she shops, keeping her head down as to not draw too much attention to herself.

'Beauty is more curse than blessing...' Y/N thinks to herself as she caught men ogling at her from the window of a nearby cafe.

Men fantasized. Women resented. No matter who she talked to, no one treated Y/N normally. As she grew up in her hometown, people became jealous. Her large white wings only complimented her beauty, envy only increasing the older Y/N became.

By the time she reached adulthood the taunting and harassment became too much to bear so she fled all the way to Love Island, assuming a false identity under a cloak to live a somewhat normal life.

'Life on Love Island isn't that bad I suppose... I have them to keep me company.'

Y/N smiles to herself as she crouches down, a hoard of stray animals approaching her out of an alleyway. Although she got some sideways glances from passerby on the street, Y/N didn't mind.

Caring for the stray animals of Love Island was what she believed her purpose to be. If she didn't, who would?

Y/N used what little money she had to care for the animals, surviving on mere scraps herself. Although she lived humbly, Y/N didn't care. She had her cabin, a small patch of Vearth next to it.

Inviting the animals to walk back home with her, Y/N leads them to her small Vearth garden where the animals watch curiously as Y/N harvests her crops, just enough for dinner.

'Thank you mother... for leaving me with this treasure...' Y/N prays, looking up to the sky above, searching for any sign of her deceased mother.

'There she goes praying again... how trivial...'

Despite the rumors of the God occupying the Upper Yard, Y/N prayed to Him religiously. She didn't know why she was ostracized from society, why she was mandated with the curse of beauty, or why her mother was so cruelly taken from her. All she knew was that she had to pray... for someday... just maybe... her prayers would be answered.

Day after day, Y/N repeated her routine. Household chores in the morning, errands in town in the afternoon, feed the strays, return home and pray until the sun set. Y/N lived her life like this for weeks, happily assimilating into Love Island's society...

"It's okay... come here..." Y/N cooed to the nearby cat, holding out a small portion of sky fish for it to eat. Slowly but surely, Y/N watched gleefully as the cat made its way towards her.

Distracted by the cat, Y/N doesn't notice the presence behind her... an unsuspecting Skypiean who just so happens to get their bag caught on the fabric of Y/N's cloak.

For Y/N, the events that transpired in the next few seconds felt like an eternity. She can feel the clasp of her cloak undo, the fabric slowly but surly falling off her back, revealing her wings for the entire street to see.

With no where to hide, Y/N tries to no avail to cover her wings, the citizens staring at her in a mixture of shock and unbridled jealousy.

"Look at those wings... I've never seen anything like it..."