Blue Belle and Stealing Magic

A few days before I was to attend Hogwarts my parents took me to Diagon Alley to get the books needed for school.

"Oh wow, they really still use quills here? I'm still going to use my spelled gel pens. They have so many pretty colors to choose from and the glitter in the gel." I said with a grin.

"As you wish my darling. Where to first?" Kamen asked.

"I'd like to pick out my familiar papa." I requested as I gave him my doe eyes.

"Of course darling." Kamen said as he ruffled his daughter's dark curls.

He could never resist her doe eyes so similar to her mother's eyes who was sighing next to them

"Yes my love?" Kamen asked.

"Just watching you spoil our daughter senselessly. It's amazing she's as well behaved as she is." Michaela answered with love glittering in her eyes.

We wandered into The Magical Menagerie to have a look.

"Mama, papa none of these feel like familiars." I said.

"Well silly, that's because they aren't. Familiars aren't real. Of course, I don't blame you for not knowing that dear. I guess that's how the muggles paint us?" The shop owner said with humor in her eyes.

"They don't know about familiars here? Are you sure I must go to Hogwarts?" I asked quietly turning my doe eyes on my dad.

"Oh no you don't. Turn those eyes elsewhere. You're going to Hogwarts my little Kit kat. That's final." Michaela said sternly.

"We'll get you a familiar when we get back home along with your wand. We won't get a wand from here as they like to track you with it." Kamen said darkly as he immediately left the shop with his family in tow.

We immediately went to Flourish and Blotts to get the books I'd need for my first year. While my parents did that I wandered off to explore the books myself. I picked up Hogwarts: A History and began looking through it.

"Are you a muggleborn?" A curious voice asked.

I looked to see a beautiful boy next to me who appeared curious but also possibly disgusted. I tilted my head as I took in his white, blond locks and grey eyes.

"I'm not but would it be a problem if I was?" I asked curiously.

"Everyone knows they steal our magic." The boy said.

"But do they? Where's the proof? Does the birth of each muggleborn line up with each birth of a squib? Is there proof of this? If there's not then how do you know that's true? Just because your papa told you that as his papa before him did? No one actually getting proof of this?" I shot my questions at him at a fast pace.

"I'm sure there is. My father wouldn't just spout nonsense if there wasn't proof." The boy said.

"But you're spouting it without proof." I pointed out.

"What do you know you're probably just a mud blood." The boy said as he knocked my shoulder before walking by.

I smirked as I watched him go.

"Kit kat we have your books and cauldron darling. Let's go." Michaela called up to me.

"Mama can I add one more?" I called back as I went racing down the stairs to my parents.

"Hogwarts: A History? Yes, this could prove to be very useful." Michaela said.

With the books and other necessary items purchased the parents apparated their child to their local store that had familiars. As I looked around a pair of tiny blue eyes caught my heart. As I got closer I saw it was a tiny kitten.

"We just got her in. She's a Siamese Seal Point mixed with a magical cat creating a familiar entity. She's only a month old." The shop owner stated.

"I can feel the bond. I want her papa." I said firmly.

"What my darling wants she gets. We'll take her." Kamen said decisively.

The shop owner picked up the kitten and handed her to me and I felt the bond take place firmly in my soul. I held her close as she climbed up onto my shoulder and laid down there.

"Have you named her Kit Kat?" Michaela asked.

"Blue Belle." I said with a grin.

"What if her eyes don't stay blue?" Michaela asked.

"They will." I said with certainty.

From there we went to our local wand shop where the wands are made without trackers. See that's another difference. We don't feel it necessary to track our children and not allow them to do magic outside of school. It just doesn't make sense for children to not be able to practice what they learned to improve upon it. Or better yet to protect themselves if the need arises.

"Hello. Just take a walk around until you feel the pull of a wand." The shop owner said.

I began slowly walking down aisles and upon the fifth aisle I felt the pull.

The shop owner picked the box up and opened it as I gingerly picked it up. Golden lights shot off as the magic settled between the wand and me.

"Now test it." The shop owner said.

Here in Bulgaria we grow up learning spells, so I gave the wand a flick and shouted, ACCIO. I didn't say what as it was in my head what I wanted. Sure enough my Walkman came flying into my hands from home.

"Wonderful! That's a 12.5 laurel wood wand with dragon core. It has supple flexibility. This wand cannot perform a dishonorable act and is very loyal. Any witch or wizard that attempts to steal it will be struck by a spontaneous lightening bolt. I would say it's successfully bonded to you." The owner said proudly.