chapter four

shinsou pov

So this was why he was so scared I knew from experience how scary that could be coming out as gay to my foster parents before I was adopted was not fun and could be really scary.

"Denki its-" I get up and walk over reaching out my hand to help him up but instead of taking it he lifts his arms in self defense curling up into a ball to protect himself. "I'm not going to hurt you"

"You-you aren't?" Denku asks confused but clearly still terrified.

"Denki why would you being trans affect how I see you and even if it did why would I hurt you. Why would I ever do that?" I ask. Now I knew why he was so scared but why would he think I was going to hit him.

Wait wasn't he crying about his dad in his nightmare before? Yeah I remember his muttering some thing like "please dad, stop please dad". I quietly sit down beside him making sure not to get to close so I don't freak him out.

"Denki just how badly did your dad react"

Instead of awnsering denki just looks away and wordlessly rolls up the sleeves of his onesie to reveal hundreds of scars of varying sizes covering his arms.

I had expected it to be bad but never this bad denki had always been so cheerful how had he hidden all this trauma for so long.

"Oh my god denki I'm so so sorry you had to go through that" I say apologetically pulling denki into a hug. He let's out a little sob burying his head in my shoulder.

"S-shinsou could-could you stay here tonight, i-i don't want to be alone" denki say between quiet sobs

"Sure denks" I reply hugging him tighter and stroking his hair.