chapter eight

kirishimas pov

"daikia you bitch i thought i told you to never let me see you again" some random dude yells in our direction. at his words denki freezes for a second and look completely horrified i wonder why this dude was talking to a daikia not him "so now your ignoring me you ungrateful little shit you lived under my roof for 14 years" this time it was obvious he was talking to denki but i wonder what he was talking about and why he kept calling him daikia wasn't that a girls name.

"um dude i think you got the wrong person this is denki" sero says finally turning around and correcting the man but this only seemed to make denki more stiff and panicky looking.

denki starts to turn around and face the man but stops halfway and turns back around as he went "nope not today"

"is that what your calling yourself now you fucking tranny" the man yelled at denki i was hating this man more every second at first he was just straight up rude but now he was throwing slurs at my friends and that wasn't ok i wasn't sure why he was calling denki by that particular slur how would he know if denki was trans.

this man then pushed past sero and starts walking towards denki who looks like hes now having a full on panic attack as he tries to back away.

"get back here your my daughter" the man yells shooting a bolt of electricity at denki paralyzing him.

"hey man thats not cool" i say stepping in between the man and denki i didn't know what he meant by my daughter this couldn't be denkis dad how could someone so bright and happy have such a terrible father and not let it show but that didn't matter right now all that mattered right now was keeping denki safe now that the man had used his quirk and assaulted denki i was legally allowed to use my quirk so i step in between denki and the man getting ready to harden my arms if the man tried to push past me.

"don't tell me how to treat my daughter" the man yells trying to push past me as i predicted but luckily i was prepared and even though how strong he was caught me of guard i was able to harden my arms and make sure he couldn't get through i wasnt sure why this man thought he had any right to do this even if he was denkis father he was obviously a shit father and assaulting denki would just be child abuse just because your his father doesn't mean you can abuse him.

"i dont know who you think you are but you should leave" bakugou says his voice deadly calm putting a hand on the mans shoulder and squeezing it. to others it might not have looked that bad but i knew from experience how strong bakugou's grip was and the look in his eyes said that he was using all of his willpower not to explode this mans face right now i knew he was legally allowed to but i also knew that he was avoiding making loud noises as to not scare denki he might not act like it but i knew he secretly cared deeply for all of his friends.

this seemed to scare the man away and he stalked off into a dark alleyway but i could still hear him muttering curses and slurs about denki.

"hey denki can you walk" mina questions slowly approaching denki making sure he can see her and doesnt get spooked from being surprised when she gets close. but that didn't seem to provide any comfort to denki who is shaking in fear. he looks so terrified i wonder what happened with that man to make him this scared.

"oh my god what happened" i hear someone yell and look up to see shinsou standing behind denki with a bag of sandwiches in hand "i heard yelling and came to see what the problem was"

"some dude attacked denki kept calling him daikia and claiming to be his father" i explain seeing a look of understanding pass across shinsous face i wonder how he knew what was happening when it was clear no one else but denki understood.

"oh denki i am so so sorry that i wasnt here" shinsou says as he drops the sandwich bags and engulfs denki in a hug i was about to stop him he hadnt known denki that long so denki probably wasnt as comfortable around him despite what it may look like with how bright and smiley denki was it actually takes him a long time to warm up to people, it took me and the rest of the bakusquad members months before we were even allowed to touch him but at his touch denki seems to relax? denki never relaxes especaily when someone is touching him. but to my disbelief denki relaxes crying into shinsous shoulder not only was denki not freaking out at a person touching him even though he was in the middle of a panic attack but he was crying denki never cried not even when he was short circuted to the piont of almost permanently hurrting himself or when it seemed that all hope was lost he always kept a smile on his face no matter what he had always seemed so strong like an unbreakable force of pure happiness and joy.