chapter nine

shinsou p.o.v.

I cant balieve that i was off buying sandwiches while denki got attacked. by his father no less. how could i have let this happen. the least i could do was provide some comfort for him between the emotional trauma of meeting his dad again and the bakusquad discovering he was trans he was sure to need it.the best thing to do right now was probably to get him back to the dorms so he could calm down a little and then if he wants to he can explain all of this to the bakusquad.

"guys im gonna bring him back to the dorms" i tell the others looking up from denki "you can come if you want or you can stay and keep hanging out i dont really care"

"of course were coming with you, here let me help you with denki that dude hit him with some electricity and paralized hi" sero replies walking towards us.

"wait no" i cry out when i feel denki flich at seros footsteps "denkis gonna freak out if you come any closer"

sero looks confused but backs away.

"hey denki im going to take you back to the dorms ok?" i softly whisper to denki then slowly pick him up and start walking back toward the dorms wispering words of comfort to him as we walked not caring the people were staring at us. once we arrived at the dorms i brought denki back up to his room an layed him down on the bed. he had calmed down quite a bit but he was still breathing funny "denki do you need to take your binder off?"

"i-i do but i-i dont want to be alone" he says latching onto my arm and burying his head in it.

"um- w-well i-i could turn around and y-you could take it of in here" i manage to stutter out my face going completely red.

"o-ok" denki says his face going pink as i turned around and he swiftly took his binder off and exchanged it for a sports bra. there was a knock at the door and i get up to see who it is. i check through the peephole to see the bakusquad looking concerned and nervous waiting to see if denki would awnser.

"hey denki its the bakusquad should i let them in?" i question. denki hesitites so i make sure to add "you dont have to if you dont want to"

"no you can let them in im going to have to tell them eventually anyways" denki says taking a deep breath and hugging a pillow to hide his chest "and i wont have the courage to tell them later my emotions are shot right now so the fear of what im doing hasnt fully set in yet and their probably worried about me anyways"

i open the door and in rush the bakusquad.

                                                                                   denkis p.o.v.

the bakusquad rushed in and mina immediately ran towards me to give me a hug but i instinctively flinch away raising my arms and bracing myself to be hit.

"im not going to hurt you denki" mina says backing away somewhat confused by my reaction "why did you flinch away and raise your arms? was it because of that man? who was he anyways and why did he keep calling you his daughter?"

shinsou sits down beside me rubbing my back and proving as much comfort and support as he could.

"h-he was my f-father" i say shakily. this was hard experiencing trauma was one thing i knew how to deal with that but telling other people about it was something completely new to me before this i had only ever told shinsou about my father and about being trans and he had reacted well but i had no idea how the bakusquad would react.

"wait that dude was acctually your dad" kirishima says horrified.

i nod

"was- was he always like that, y'know vilaint" sero asks.

"he wasnt actually that vilant today compared to most of the time" i say repressing the memories as a shocked silence fills the room.

""oh my god denki. how-how bad did it get" mina asks hesitantly her and the bakusquad looking at me with a mixture of horror, suprise, and guilt on their faces.

i take a deep breath and roll up my sleeves so that they can see the scars left behind from when i told him i was trans.

"but-but why" sero asks still in shock at the intensity of my injuries "why would he hurt his own son like that"

"because i-i told him i was trans" i blurt out quickly burying my head in my pillow bracing myself to be yelled at or even hit but nothing came just a suprised silence and then.

"that makes alot of sense actually is that why you cant come to sleepovers and you always change separate from the rest of us" kirishima asks softly breaking the silence.

"y-yeah" i say shakily. they were taking this quite well compared to how i thought this would go "t-that's why i had to leave yesterday i had worn my binder for to long and passed out thats why shinsou found out about all of this"

"just know that no matter what we accept you for who you are" mina says giving me a gentle hug. i burst into tears as everyone else joins.

"t-thank you guys so m-much" i sob. i couldnt believe that they had taken it this well maybe if i told other people they might nor care either.

after we hugged and chatted for a bit we all went back to our rooms and i layed on the bed.

today had been one hell of a day fortunately that meant that nothing else could get weirder than today.