5: I'M SORRY

Jungkook's heart was beating wildly. He couldn't believe he had his daughter in his arms. He tightened his arms around her as they got out of the elevator heading to his office. His secretary stood up when she saw him.

Good morning sir. She said taking some files ready to follow him in his office.
Good morning Ji-ah. You can update me later. Right now I have something to take care of, I won't be taking calls either for the next hour.
Okay, sir. I'll just serve you refreshments.

Jungkook nodded and they got into his office. Jimin followed not saying a word. He hadn't changed his office much. There was just a bigger shelf for his awards. They sat on the couches located at one corner of the office. Jungkook placed Areum on his lap and looked at her thoroughly.

Daddy is so happy to meet you, princess. He pecked her forehead again and again. His secretary came in with two coffees and a glass of milk. He carefully made her drink the entire glass of milk.
Tired daddy.
Want to sleep in daddy's room while I talk to your appa? Jungkook asked softly to which she nodded. Is that okay with you Jimin? Jimin just nodded avoiding eye contact with him. His heart hurt to see him like that.
He stood up but Areum called Jimin over. Jimin stood up and walked to them.  She made grabby hands at Jimin who took her immediately.

Thank you appa. I love you, she said placing kisses on his face which made him break down.
Appa is sorry baby. I couldn't give you everything you deserve. I love so much my little gem.
No cry. I am so happy. she wiped his tears. Jungkook's heart dropped. This was his fault too. He should have fought harder to be with them.

Go to sleep, okay. Later I'm sure daddy will take you to have ice cream. She nodded. Jungkook took her to the door adjacent to the seating area. The room had a bed, a small closet, and a private bathroom. He placed her on the bed and covered her.
Sleep now, my baby. Daddy will be here when you wake up.

He got back to his office to find Jimin, holding his head in his hands sniffing softly. He took careful steps to him. Jimin looked up immediately standing up. He looked frantic.
I'm so sorry, I didn't know what else to do.
He pulled him in his arms. He wanted him back but not like this. It's okay Min. You are home now, that's all that matters. Jimin sobbed harder clutching at his coat.
I'm so sorry. Sorry Kookie. I hurt you.
Listen to me baby, I told you long ago that no matter what you'll be the only one I will ever love. Do you trust me?
Yes.

Good. Tell me why you came back now? They sat down and Jimin blinked at him curiously.
Our baby has Leukemia Kookie. I didn't want to bother you with this but turns out I cannot even afford a fifth of her bills. It's okay if you don't want to help, you can loan... He felt ringing in his ears. His little girl was sick? He just got her. And what did he mean by didn't have enough money? What were Yoongi and Taehyung doing?

Why do you want to make me angry Min? That's my child too, why wouldn't I do everything in my power to make sure she's fine, mmh? We are in this together. Did you bring her files?
They were sent to Samsung Medical Center by the oncologist who examined her. I'm waiting for them to finish reviewing her case.
Jungkook kissed his forehead and squeezed his hand. I'll make sure our baby gets the best of treatment.
Thank you Kookie.
Why don't you lie down a bit and let me make a few calls. Jimin nodded, he removed his shoes and stretched on the couch.

Jungkook sat at his desk once he made sure Jimin had fallen asleep. He took his phone and dialed his hyung's number.
Hyung...
Jungkookie tell me why the hell I'm looking at your daughter's medical report right now. She has cancer? Why didn't you tell me earlier?
Jimin just got back hyung. I had no idea. Yoongi hyung didn't inform me earlier. Jungkook whispered.
what? Oh no. What are you going to do about it?
Let me talk to Namjoon hyung. I just wanted to know if you've reviewed her case already.
Give me an hour to go through the lab reports. I'll call you once I'm done to bring them over. Hoseok said from the other end. I'm guessing this is Yoongi hyung's doing. He should have called us first.
Too late. We just have to adjust our plans. Perhaps this is a good thing. Call me once you are done. He hung up and dialed Namjoon.

I'm guessing you already met Jimin and Areum, Namjoon said as soon as he picked up.
How did you know?
I'm with Yoongi hyung and Taehyung.
Put me on loudspeaker.
You are on.
How are you guys?
Terrible. Do you have any idea how awful it is to witness your favorite girl pass out while bleeding? Tae said sadly.
I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you guys.
Don't worry about it, Kook. I'm sorry we didn't inform you either. You know how Jimin is good at reading people. We wanted him to tell you. Yoongi said.
I need some guards around the house hyung. People you trust.
Already on it. Jin is already at yours waiting for them.
We'll talk later in person. I have to go. He hung up and placed his phone on the table. He heard whimpers coming from Jimin and immediately went to him. He was crying in his sleep. He sat on the edge of the couch and ran his fingers through Jimin's hair. Jimin sighed softly and settled in his sleep.

Relax baby. I'm here now. I won't let her hurt you again. Everything will be okay soon. Jungkook whispered to him. He had missed Jimin so much, just seeing him from afar made him crazy. Knowing that he had anxiety attacks due to that woman was even worse. He wished he could have been with them through all that.

How could that woman stomach hurting the other half of his soul? A mother was supposed to love their children but Jeon Ha-rin was just the worst of all mothers.