12: ARRESTED

There were times when Jungkook wondered what he had done in his past life to warrant the pain he had gone through since he found out about his mother. She was a liar, a constant liar. Why didn't she come at him instead of Jimin? The man had done nothing but love him unconditionally.

They met in a coffee shop where Jimin was a barista and he found himself going over there every day. He was cute and his smile, that eye smile, made him fall in love with him. That was almost eight years ago. Two weeks after their initial visit, he had asked Jimin out who happily agreed and a month later they were in a committed relationship.

He would admit introducing Jimin to his mum was a terrible idea. He thought then that Ha-rin would take care of Jimin since he missed maternal love. If he could go back and change that then he would in a heartbeat.

Now here he was staring at the love of his life wondering if he'll ever be okay again. Even if Ha-rin was taken to jail she had already succeeded in breaking Jimin. He felt extremely guilty. His phone vibrated from the nightstand. He turned and took it reading a message from Lee.
   It's go time.
He kissed Jimin's forehead and headed out of the bedroom to meet Jin. Namjoon would stay with Jimin till they got back. He found them in the living room.

Time to go. He said. Jin kissed Namjoon and then stood up. They headed out of the house and into the car. The drive home was quiet. He didn't feel like talking and was glad Jin didn't try to make small talk. It took almost an hour to reach Gwacheon where his parent's mansion was located.

Lee and his officers were already waiting for them. Jin entered the security code and they all drove in. Lee and two police officers, one male and a female headed to the door. He got out of the car and leaned on the hood. Jin just stood next to him. The door was opened by a house help.
May I help you officers? she asked politely.
We are here for Mrs. Jeon. Is she in?
Yes. I'll go get her. She got back in the house and a few minutes later Ha-rin stood at the door looking confused.
How can I help you?
Jeon Ha-rin we have your warrant of arrest for the murder of Jeon Nari, attempted murder of Park Jimin, use of threats, and endangering a minor.
Her face turned red due to anger, What is this nonsense? I have never caused any harm to anyone and which minor are you talking about?
Ma'am you should know anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. Lee read her her rights. Jeon Ji-woo appeared at the door too.

What's going... Oh. He said once he saw the cuffing Ha-rin.
Tell them to get me out of these things. I'm innocent.
Just give it up eomma. Jungkook said lazily as he approached them, You hurt the one person that matters so much to me other than my family. I will never forgive you for that.
Ha-rin laughed, Oh poor Kook, he is nothing but a pest. I did that for your own good. That boy is more trouble than he's worth.

You hurt him eomma, how could you live with yourself but then you don't even feel guilty for killing Jin's mum.
You are my son, I wanted you to be safe. I wanted you to have a great life. Ha-rin said tears streaming from her eyes. She looked remorseful.
I had a great life, Jimin was my life. He shouted at her. You ruined him and I'll make sure...
You know nothing about him. Did he ever tell you who his parents are? She shouted back.
I don't need to. I'm satisfied with what he tells me. Besides they don't care about him.
You are so stupid, Ha-rin laughed again, so stupid. His parents are very much alive and looking for him. He's the one who doesn't care about them. Your sweet angel isn't much of an angel.

Jungkook stopped for a moment, Take her away. He said softly and turned to head to the car. He got in the passenger seat and watched as his mum was led to the police car shouting bloody murder. He looked at it drive away and as Jin talked to Ji-woo. Then Jin headed to the car and got in the driver's seat.
You okay Kook?
Just drive. Want to go to Jimin.

Jin drove them back to his house. Once they arrived, he rushed upstairs to find the room empty. He entered the bathroom and started the shower. He got rid of his clothes and entered the cubicle. He let the hot water run through his body relaxing his muscles. Tears streamed down his eyes and in no time he was full-on crying. He wanted to control himself and be strong but he had no courage.
He felt hands wrap around his waist as he still cried. Jimin leaned his head on his back.
It's okay Koo. Cry it all out. Jimin soothed him.

When they finished showering, they cuddled on the bed dressed in sweatpants. Jimin was leaning on the bed while he laid his head on his lap.
Jin hyung told me your mum was arrested.
Yeah. Told you I'll take care of it.
I'm sorry you had to do that. I wish it didn't have to end this way.
It had to Minie. She hurt you.
I know but I didn't want you to lose your mum, Jimin told him softly. He was silent for a while.

I know we don't talk about your parents a lot but my mum said something that spooked me.
Oh. What did she say?
that you don't care about your parents. He told Jimin turning to be able to see him. Jimin just looked at him in the eyes.
My parents abandoned me Kookie. I don't care about what they have to say now. I grew up with my halmeoni and she's all the parent I know.
Minie... He felt stupid for even considering his mother's words.
It's okay Kookie. I don't talk about them because there's nothing to talk about. They didn't want me, that's all.
He sat up and hugged Jimin. We have our own family now, an even better one baby.
Yes, we do. Jungkook kissed Jimin deeply. He had no fear of what would come next, they were safe now.