CHAPTER 19

WARNING: There might be explicit scenes that are not for your liking.

I walked passed the corridors of our palace. Large glass windows are now full of snow.

Mahigpit kong hinawakan ang makapal na winter coat ko nang maramdaman ang malamig na hangin.

I then went to the dining room just to see my father waiting for me.

Umupo ako at tinignan ang pagkain. Stakes and some fruits.

No sweets!

"Where's Duane?" walang ganang tanong ko.

He looked at me shocked.

"It's rare for you to ask for your brother's whereabouts! Well, maybe outside the walls," he said then shrugged it.

Habang kumakain nararamdaman ko ang titig ni Papa sa akin.

"Your eyes are puffed," he said as a matter of fact.

I cried my my eyes out all night.

I heard him sighed.

"You know when I read your letter and knew you were forced to marry, I was furious!" umiiling na sabi niya.

Nakinig lang ako.

"Good thing you put blood on your letter. I asked my fox to find you and when I knew where you were," he paused.

But eventually continued.

"Alam kong hindi ka susunod kung papauwiin kita dito kaya I sent an army as a warning,"

"You're crazy," I coldly murmured.

He gave me a sad smile.

"I don't want you to end up like me. I thought me and your mother love each other—"

"But you k*lled her!" galit na asik ko. "With me watching! You k*lled her infront of me!" iyak ko.

I was just 16 that time!

He turned cold.

"I was furious, when I saw her straddling on top of another man in our own bed. Kagagaling ko lang sa digmaan noon but—" he stopped not wanting to continue.

Umalis na ako. This place is f*cked up!

I know he felt betrayed that time. I know where he's coming from. I understand but it hurts.

FLASHBACK

"Burn them!" sigaw ng mga mamamayan ng Monalian.

I stared coldly at the d*ad bodies piled up. They're enemies from the war.

Hawak ko ang torch habang pinagmamasdan ang paglagay ng langis sa mga p*tay na katawan.

I walk closer and started to lit them up.

Tinitigan ko iyon hanggang sa lumaki ang apoy na sumusunog sa mga katawan nila.

This is their punishment. For attacking our farms and killing innocent people from our kingdom.

Since my mother died, I am always engaged in wars.

I am the cold hearted princess of the north, who burn corpses and build strategies so we can win in battles.

Yes, but that was before I turned 18.

At my coming of age ceremony, many kingdoms were invited. Including Calier.

At yun ang kauna-unang pagkakataon na makihalubilo ako sa ibang nobles.

They brought gifts! Including sweets! That was the first time I ate a cupcake and it's really good!

"Congratulations of your coming of age princess!" bati ng ilan.

Nagpapasalamat rin ako.

I feel tired so I went to the balcony. I saw a man standing there holding his glass of wine.

His red eyes stared at mine.

I felt a shiver down to my spine. This man's dangerous.

Pero dumiretso ako sa balcony, this is our kingdom, no one will dare to hurt me.

"Glory and Honor to Monalian," he said then bow his head.

Tumango lang ako.

"Why are you here? Is the party boring?" tanong ko.

Umiling siya.

"I just don't like crowded places, your highness" tanging sagot nito.

Kumunot ang noo ko.

"Then why did you attend the party?"

He sighed.

"I was forced to," he said.

His eyes bored on to me. Eyeing me curiously.

"Don't mind me, I just wanted some fresh air," agad na sagot ko kahit hindi pa siya nagtanong.

The night was long. Nagkwentuhan lang kami at minsan ay tumatawa.

It ended at hindi ko man lang nakuha ang pangalan niya! But he's the young duke of Calier.

Months have passed and it turns into years. Wala na masyadong digmaan. At nabobored na ako sa palasyo.

I want to try something unique and exciting! Then I remembered the Duke!

And now, 23 years of age, running away from my kingdom like a rebel. Just to find the young duke.

My father will be furious but it's fine.

Five years have passed since I first met him. He caught my attention. And there's something inside that's yearning for him. Gusto ko siya makausap ulit!

When I came to Calier for the first time naubos ko ang pera ko sa pagkain ng cupcakes! Kaya kailangan ko ng trabaho.

I applied as a waitress in a beer house and got accepted.

Naririnig ko ang mga balita tungkol sa Duke sa tuwing pumupunta siya sa digmaan.

I made a plan just to see him but it was all ruined that night.

When I was kidnapped!

But, my mission failed successfully! I met him again.

But I don't think he remembers me.