𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛

(No Pov)

It was quiet and peaceful within the small village in the mountains. Faraway from any other neighboring settlements with in the Empire. Yet this mountain range was blessed with healthy river and animals to where a village thrives. Villagers would solve their own problems together, never relying on outsiders other than a few trades.

Trouble never occurred within the village.

(??? Pov)

???: Okay, these should be enough for today.

I found myself deep within the forest, hunting game for the family. A massive bear was today's feast after I defeat it with a single strike from its blindspot.

Traveling through the woods as I dragged the carcass back to the village, I was greeted warmly by my family when I arrived home.

Mother: Welcome back, Y/N! Oh dear, hope you weren't pushing yourself with your father's chores?

Y/N: He took a nasty fall and injured his leg, he can't hunt or gather food for the family in his current condition.

My mother was stuck in the house caring for my much younger siblings and she doesn't have much prowess for hunting. So it was up to me.

Even though I'm...

???: Big brother!

A little girl darted towards me with such a bright smile on her face.

???: Let's play!

Y/N: Sure, just let me help me Mom first.

I patted the girl's head as she pouts with a cute little frown.

Y/N: Come on now, Yumi. Don't make that face.

Yumi: How would you know what face I'm making?

She gave me a suspicious glare.

Y/N: I can hear you pouting, you know?

I was born without the ability to see. Yet in return, I was blessed with incredible hearing and sense of smell.

With my senses boosted, I'm quite accurate in my daily life. So accurate that people will mistaken me for a person that can see.

Mother: Don't worry, Y/N. You can spend time with Yumi when I take care of dinner.

Y/N: Okay.

Yumi: Yay!! Come on, come on!

She grabbed my hand, leading me out the backyard. We played tag, hide and seek, and etc.

By the time we were done, it was already dusk.

Mother: Y/N! Yumi! Dinners ready!

I nod

Y/N: Come on, that's enough for now.

Yumi: Um...

Y/N: What is it?

Yumi: Well, I... want to give... you something.

She gently hand me a necklace with a stone embedded.