𝙱𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰 𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗

( No one's pov )

─────────────
Back at the temple
─────────────

In the near dusk with rainfall, the Martial Artist Gensei was stationed in the center of the temple where he was seated on the floor.

But he wasn't alone.

There were three more elders like him. One is tall and bulky, Kogen. Another one has a Gi suited for a shinobi, Hanzo. And finally, one that's a swordsman like Gensei, Tengoku.

Kogen: That's all the targets taken care of

Hanzo: It's a shame, I was looking forward to more game today.

Tengoku: But this line of work is good for get the blood boiled.

Gensei: Indeed, I feel more alive than before.

Hanzo: We receive requests from the Empire constantly. The excitement never ceases within the White Brows Association.

Tengoku: Other than that, I heard you took in another pupil, Gensei.

Gensei: Yes, it's been a few months now.

Kogen: So where is he?

Gensei: He's undergoing a test at the peak of the mountain. Battling a Special-Class danger beast with his bare-hands alone.

Hanzo: Special-Class?

Gensei: Yes, I believe it's been eight weeks since I left him up there.

Hanzo: I'm sorry to say this but I think that pupil of yours is most likely dead.

Gensei: Mm, something tells me that he'll succeed. That boy has potential that I've noticed training him though far.

Tengoku: Hehe, may I ask what plans you have for the boy then?

Gensei: Isn't it obvious? I want to rise him into becoming my future foe. It's been a while since I had a formidable opponent.

Kogen: Figure as much, I'd like to get a crack at that as well.

...
...
...

(!)

The elders all sensed a presence outside. A powerful presence that alerted the elders to ready their weapons.

Gensei: It seems someone's here.

With the hilt of the sword in his grasp, the former Martial Artist opened the door only to see his new pupil in front of him.

Y/n, who is completely covered in blood, cuts and bruises with his clothes torn a bit.

Y/n: It's done.

Looking down, he would spot the danger beast Y/n was assigned to kill laying beneath the boy's foot.

Lifeless.