Chapter Eight

Zamora woke up to a blinding bright light in her face. She held up her hand in an attempt to shield the golden rays from her eyes. Slowly, she rose up off the ground where she had fallen asleep. She focused her eyes as the beaming light gradually dissipated.

Now able to make out her surroundings, she found herself in a vast field of flowers. The gentle breeze from the wind flowed causing multiple petals to dance in the air. A soft cheerful giggle reached her ears as she turned in a complete circle surveying the area in search of who made the sound, but no one was there.

"Hellooo"... Zamora called out. Her voice resounded through the air but there was no answer. "Is anyone here?" She asked again with desperation in her voice. Still no answer, trying not to panic she took a deep breath and shut her eyes for a moment.

This place... it feels so familiar.

As she exhaled she heard the sound of footsteps in the distance. She quickly opened her eyes and looked around trying to find the source. Her eyes widen at the person who skip ahead of her. It appeared to be a little girl with long snowy blonde hair, wearing a soft petal pink dress.

"Zamora... Zamora!"

Zamora's eyes widen in astonishment at the familiar voices that called out her name. She turned in the direction and in the far distance, she saw the smiling faces of a couple waving at her.

"Mom...Dad?" She gasped in disbelief. A steady stream of tears instantly ran down her cheeks yet the biggest smile formed across her face. Without hesitation, she began to take small steps towards them that quickly turned into running.

"MOM...DAD!" She shouted as she picked up speed. She felt like she was dashing in the air. She couldn't believe it! Her parents were alive and came back home. She was so happy she could barely contain herself. Zamora's face beamed with excitement as she felt herself getting closer.

Her father gave her a loving smile, and her mother's eyes spilled over with tears of joy but then suddenly, their faces became serious. Their mouth began to move, but no sound came out. Then she realized the more she ran to them the further away they became. That caused Zamora to stop in her tracks and attempt to make out what they were saying.

"I can't hear you!" She yelled, but they continued to talk with no voice. Their body language spoke like they were warning her of something. She stood there confused and a bit nervous from their frantic gestures. They were desperately trying to warn her of danger, but she paid them no mind.

"Why can't I hear them? Don't they want me to come to them?" She thought as sadness overtook her. She looked down at her feet as her eyes filled with tears. All of a sudden, a shadow of darkness appeared above her. She peered her head toward the sky as she watched in terror a blazing ball of fire descending from above. Her eyes followed the foreign object until it disappeared behind the trees in a nearby forest. She turned back only to see the little girl who was wandering off towards the dark forest. Her parents appeared to yell at the little girl trying to get her to stop. Zamora reached out to the girl with concern.

"Hey... wait you shouldn't go there by yourself. It may not be safe!" She said to the child causing her to stop before turning around to face her. Zamora's eyes gaped at the girl's features which mirrored hers. Matching bright blue eyes stared back at her with a smile. A small sparkle of light reflected off something around the little girl's neck that caught Zamora's attention.

"Is that my..." She gasped at the beloved charm necklace that went missing so long ago. Where did this child get it? That's when the realization hit her.

This little girl..is she...me?

Suddenly, the cheerful expression on the child's face transition to fear. Her small hand began to tremble as she pointed at something behind her. The girl's mouth was moving but just like her parents, no sound was coming out. Struggling to read her lips; Zamora narrowed her eyes to make out what she was saying.