Chapter Eleven

The rich beautiful tone of the high pitch strings of a violin and low bass of a chello was the next thing Zamora heard as she looked around the familiar ballroom she suddenly appeared in. It was so full of life, color and music. Smiling faces and laughter filled the atmosphere. Her sea-blue eyes stretched wide with shock and confusion as she came to the realization of where she was.

Her eyes traveled down to the beautiful shimmering A-line evening gown that adorned her curvy figure. The deep smooth tone of a male voice calling her name caused her to spin around. Tears immediately began to brim her eyes as she gazed upon the man with beautiful snowy blonde hair and similar bright blue eyes with a hint of gray.

"F..father!" Her soft voice cracked as she rushed into his arms burying her face into his chest as tears started to fall.

This feels so real but it can't be... my dad is... I must be dreaming. She thought as she inhaled his scent she always loved that calmed her frantic nerves. Zamora felt his large hand gently pat her head causing her glossy blue eyes to gaze up at him with a big smile.

"Hello, my Princess." He said smiling at his beloved daughter, displaying his perfect white teeth.

"Well isn't this just a precious sight to see?" A woman spoke approaching the pair. Zamora felt a lump in her throat from the sob that began to form. She broke away from her father's embrace as she looked upon the raven hair beauty that stood before her.

"Mother!" She bolted towards the woman who held a loving gaze in her brilliant dark onyx eyes complemented by her long luscious lashes. She was tall with a slender build and long shiny black hair that hung past her waist. The young princess definitely got her features from her father but her beauty and elegance were all thanks to her mother. Zamora clung to her tightly trying to control the tears that poured from her eyes.

"What's the matter, dear?" Her mom spoke with great concern seeing the emotional wreck her daughter was in. The princess was unable to speak as she just simply shook her head.

"Are you not pleased with our new alliance?" The moment those words left her mother's mouth Zamora's eyes popped open with fear.

This isn't just a dream this is my memories from that day. She quickly pulled away to face her parents with a serious look.

"Please, you must listen to me. Don't go through with this alliance, it's a trap! They're going to betray us!" Her parent's eyes filled with concern as they looked at each other and then back to their daughter with smiles that could fade any doubts that may have formed. Yet Zamora was already aware of the terrible outcome.

"Don't worry sweetheart... I have it all figured out. Everything will be just fine." Her father said reassuringly.

"You're father and I are working so hard to ensure you have a safe and secure future in this new world we live in." Her mother added with a smile. The princess frantically shook her head with desperation in her eyes.

"No... you don't understand–" Zamora went to further explain but was quickly cut off as if she wasn't even there.

"Come now dear, let's not keep our guests waiting." Her mother said in a gentle tone taking her father's hand as they turned their backs walking away.

"Wait...please... don't go!" The Princess cried out reaching out to them but they were already too far. She pushed her legs to run after them but the moment her foot took a step forward she found herself standing outside the castle in the pouring rain. Her eyes looked to the ground towards her feet which were now bare.

She no longer was in her beautiful ball gown but in her elegant night dress. Recalling the massacre begin late into the evening while she was preparing for bed. All the color in her face drained away when she looked up toward the dark sky realizing it was not rain falling but blood.